Sunday, October 7, 2007

The need for speed

I'm going to make this as short as possible with more to come later. Ken and Sariah have just left for their daily walk and I'm here with Chloe trying to update everybody while she sleeps. First I'd like to say I have take the advise of older and wiser mother and I've slept every possible moment both the girls are asleep, I've also been massaging my stomach and I haven't worried about the house or other obligations so for that I apologize if some ones feelings have been hurt because of it. I'm glad I listened to all of this good advise because I feel better than ever. I'm happy to be sleeping on my back once more and I'm closer to being normal again. I want to publicly thank everyone who has been supportive and helpful, I couldn't have made it through everything without my youngest sister and my mom and mother in law and my sweet (cleaning, he's kept the house clean this weekend) husband and I want to thank those that helped by driving my mother in law down here and back. I've also got to mention the yummy dinners we've received and will receive.

Now for an update: Chloe and I came home Wednesday night and we are both happy to be here where we get a chance at some sleep. Since we've been home Sariah has gotten an ear infection and is back on antibiotics. This made for a rocky start to the first days home with her little sister, but now that she back to being her adorable self everything is going great, better than I expected. She wants to hold Chloe and give kisses all the time. We've made up a new sign for Chloe which has been fun to see her call for Chloe when she crying or just when she wants to see her. I didn't remember what its like to have a baby in the house again but its all coming back. Everything has been manageable but then again I haven't been left alone with both girls for very long, tomorrow will be my first test. As some of you may know Chloe has a bit of jaundice and we've been to the Hospital everyday to have her tested. We've also had her on a biliblanket which is similar to the lights they have at the hospital but you wrap it around the baby and you wear it all the time. We've have her on it for two days now and I'm beginning to hate this machine. The blanket is attached to a very short fat cord which is then attached to a medium size box and then plugged into the wall. So, I've been stuck to this couch (which hasn't been a problem during conference) and I'm having a hard time doing anything or getting anything taken care of (ie eating, sleeping or tending to Sariah). I'm hoping we can return the machine tomorrow. She looks like those glow worm dolls and to prove it here is a picture:


I've promised pictures and I'm getting to that, but I usually post on Wednesday and Sundays and I've been busy so again I apologize. She is very cute and looks nothing like Sariah but we love her all the same. Before I finish I should say that I'm finally grateful we have insurance, they paid for the birth of this baby and her little machine so thank you insurance. I also have been debating whether or not to put on here the full story of her birth and I think I will (that will be for next time) so any of you that don't want to hear the blood and guts of child birth don't read my next post that will be titled Chloe's birth story. Well I think that covers that last few days, until next time.

No comments: