I’d like to clarify my last post. I’m very excited to go to our family reunion next week. I really appreciate all the work my SIL has gone through to make it happen. She’s picked some very fun activities and there’s something going on all the time (which I love). I am really looking forward to meeting babies (not really babies anymore) and seeing family members I haven’t seen in a really long time (I hoping/planning on visiting family members that live out there). I was very much complaining in my last post and I try really hard not to bring that kind of attitude to this blog. I want my kids to read this one day and be uplifted and edified and see and understand what we did and why we did it. I have a hard time suppressing my very strong feelings about to over priced gas and airplane tickets, expensive health insurance that doesn’t pay for much and politics. I am recommitting myself to remove such content from my blog. I’ve made a separate blog for feelings, special experiences, my love for my husband and kids, my testimony, simple truths lost in today’s hectic world and advice I hope to leave for my kids when I die.
I was only ranting on the way over priced tickets and I know it isn't going to get better. I grew up in a family of 12 and we only flew once while I was a kid. My parents couldn't afford it so we drove everywhere. I wish I could plan on going to all the family reunions out west and I wish I could plan on seeing extended long distance relatives but I can't. I'm not sure how bad its going to get or how fast but I do know that it has to get worse before it gets better. We do hope to see everybody as frequently as is possible but I just can't see that happening very frequently. I'm so very grateful for family, Sariah and Chloe absolutely adore their cousins that they see as frequently as twice a month. I think they'll enjoy spending the month with them when we're their in August. I do wish that our family lived a bit closer than UT or CA so we could see them more often. We'll just have to wait and see what the future holds for us. I think I'm doing venting about prices these days and how poorer I feel since every month it feels like we have to cut something out so that we can pay for the gas or milk. Maybe I'll have developed a whole lot of character before it's all said and done. I'm trying to live the way the prophets have counseled and not let yesterdays luxuries become today's necessities.
On another note: The girls are packed and our airplane bag is packed YEAH!!! Now all I need to do is pack my bag and Ken's bag and clean up the house so we have a clean house to come home to. I'm so excited, Sariah is excited about being on the airplane. The excitement will probably die when she finds out her ears hurt during take off and she has to stay in her car seat for almost 11 hours with only 2 hours of break (one hour during our lay over and an hour after we get to the airport to leave). Poor kids, well it could be worse we could be driving and it would have double that time. My bag is stocked with special goodies and it will last the whole time I hope. Well, until next time.
Hi, my name is Faith and I married my perfect match, Ken, on April 16th 2005. We have two amazing daughters, Sariah and Chloe and a handsome little man, Isaac. With one more on the way. And this is our way of keeping in touch and letting our friends and family what's going on at our house. This is also how I keep my sanity; writing down what happens to me seems to make me feel better. Plus I can’t resist bragging about my amazing kids.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Places I've been so far
Create your own travel map
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
1 comment:
I know this is a sacrifice for you guys, but I am really glad that you decided to come. We are going to try and do the Reunion in the East next time so it will be easier for you guys to get to. I hope that you have fun and that you feel it was worth your time. I am working so hard to try and make it fun for everyone. We will pray that Ken doensn't get sick. Love you guys.
Post a Comment