Well this was a very fun week. I can't believe all the things I got done. It all started when I was asked by a friend to help with making pillows last week and I said sure. So, I got out my sewing machine and tools. I took over the dinning room (we have yet to use the dinning room) and I thought I'd start with those hem jobs I kept putting off. I have a New Home HF106 and it has been very picky since the day I got it. I don't care very much for this machine and I've regretted getting it (but I have to say I've don't a lot with this picky machine). I've been looking out for a good machine but while I am my Mom let me borrow her old machine (the one all of us kids learned on). This one is from the 70's and is a very reliable old machine. Well I pulled it out Monday of this past week and I started all the sewing projects I've wanted to do for a long time. I hemmed shorts, fixed shirts repaired curtains, made new curtains, finish the quilt I started last year, finish the blanket I made for Sariah and I just started cutting out a pattern for shorts. And for all of this I would like to publicly thank my Mom for the better, faster machine and my friend who got me to get it all out so I'd start sewing again. I should probably thank this baby to cause this same thing happened to me last time I was 8 months pregnant(so maybe its pregnancy related). I've really enjoyed sewing and Sariah likes to sew with me so that makes it even more fun. But all things must come to an end and I think I will have to put it all away until we are all sleep normal hours again. My plan is to sleep when the babies are sleeping so I won't be overly tired and cranky. Just the plan it will be interesting to see how it goes.
I can't say much more happened this week, I had an activity which went well. I really enjoy having them over, I just wish I knew what it is they wanted to do. Wednesday Sariah and I hung out with the ladies in our ward and Thursday night Sariah and I went to our first pampered chef party. It was fun, but just expensive. I wanted to get a few little things but I thought it would be better to talk with Ken first. So resisted the urge to shop. I didn't do so good resisting at this yard sale and this one thrift store in town. If anybody knows me they know I love shopping but can't stand to waste money. I call it a waste when I know I can get it cheaper somewhere else. I got a few good buys, first would be the breast pads, next would be this pretty cake platter that also can be a punch bowl, I got a several books and couple of good games. I like living where I do but I do occasionally miss the big city. I don't think I've mention this but we live in a small town in North Carolina, I'm from a much bigger city and I wish we had more of a selection when it comes to doing something. There hasn't been to many time when we've had time and I hate doing stuff alone and since my Husband works a lot and when he's not working at work he's home working on stuff well at home or spending time with our adorable 18 month old. She really does get cuter everyday and I am constantly amazed on how she does everything so cute. She's trying to talk and her words don't come out quite right but that is what makes it so funny. Well I better stop bragging about my cute little one, but I might start up again when my other cute little one gets here. Well until next time.
Hi, my name is Faith and I married my perfect match, Ken, on April 16th 2005. We have two amazing daughters, Sariah and Chloe and a handsome little man, Isaac. With one more on the way. And this is our way of keeping in touch and letting our friends and family what's going on at our house. This is also how I keep my sanity; writing down what happens to me seems to make me feel better. Plus I can’t resist bragging about my amazing kids.
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Places I've been so far
Create your own travel map
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No comments:
Post a Comment