Sunday, August 12, 2007

This week

Well another week has past and I'm just glad we are all well and we've tried to catch up on lost sleep. The only exciting thing that happened this week was that Sariah right eye was a bit swollen but the Doctor told us not to worry about it and gave us some gel to put on it. He was right it was nothing and she looks cute as can be. She got a hair cut well just a few hairs that were falling in front of her eyes. She has offically learn more than 90 signs. I recently made a list of all the signs the signing time videos use and there is a total of 342 (wow) and she knows 87 plus a few that aren't on the videos. We hope she continues to want to watch and learn all of these signs(so she can teach her sisters and brothers). Yesterday she was trying to sign what she wanted and was getting frustrated that we didn't understand. I want her to have a big enough vocabulary so she can communicate with us. I wish I could put on her the spread sheet but I don't know how.

A friend asked me to help sew some pillows so I got everything out and I started sewing and I'm not done yet. I've repaired 2 shirts, hemed 2 shorts, fixed a hem to a panel, and worked on my quilt. I hope to finish the quilt before the baby comes. I may be in way over my head. I also want to try out a few once a month cooking receipes. I don't think I'll be interested in making dinner when I have an infant and toddler to keep up with.

As we approach the final month of this prenancy Ken and I are really starting to talk about names and we haven't decided on anything. Last time was much eaiser well Ken suggested Sariah and I loved it (plus we both felt very good about it). Since neither of us has had that brilliant stroke of Genius we keep bouncing ideas back and forth. I'll post the name once it comes to one of us until then you may refer to our new child as the Baby (at least thats what we do).

I just remembered the other exciting moment (more like 2 hrs) from this past week.
On Thursday night about 1 am I woke up with a lot of pain and a contraction (yikes). Well I didn't think to much of it but just tried to go to sleep but when another one came 5 minutes later I thought ohh no I'm not ready, I don't have the baby car seat in the car (like that would stop me from going into labor). I remembered from the class we took and from all the books I've read that you should change postions and see if it stops. I should mention I had 3 more just laying there wondering what I should do. So downstairs I went and since I was hungery . . . I ate. Then I walked and walked and surfed the net to see what it said and I walked some more. Now in all this walking I started having them 3 minutes apart so I called my Mom. She told me the same thing and suggested taking a bath and try and relax. I was sure walking wasn't the answer so I stopped and tried to distract myself and an hour later they died off and I was sure this wasn't going to turn into a trip to the hospital. I tried to lay down and get some rest. I woke up the next morning just fine and without contractions. So I think I just might finish the last 5 weeks of pregnany and I'll try to not work myself up again. Ken's gone for a walk and I can't walk with him unless I do want to have a 4lb baby.

Well maybe my week wasn't so boring after all. I ended it with a nice trip to see my family and go to the Temple which was awesome . . . .Thanks little sister for giving us that oppertunity. I'm sure these next few weeks will be stuck at home and maybe a bit of excitment will happen in a month. Until next time.

No comments: