Sunday, August 5, 2007

A really long post for a really long weekend

Well I wish I had some good news to write about today, but I don't. It has been a very long few days. It gives a whole new meaning to long weekend.
It all started Thursday when Sariah started acting funny (throwing fits, crying for no reason, and not eating anything). That evening I took her temperature cause she felt warm to me and it was only 101 nothing major right. So we gave her some ibuprofen and put her down for the night. Or so we thought, she didn't last much more than an hour and a half and I got up with her (it was my turn, I should explain that Ken and I take turns when it comes to sacrificing sleep). She had a dirty diaper so I changed her and put her back in the crib. Well in an hour same thing except this time she won't go back into her crib so I lay down beside her in the extra twin bed. Well she gets up every hour until 2:30 am and I'm wondering whats wrong). I take her down stairs and take her temp again its now 103 and so I give her more ibuprofen. She wants to watch signing time and by now its 3 am and I'm thinking what is up with her. But feeling sorry for her and thinking it would help her fall asleep again I say sure why not. After that we go and lay down this time in our bed and she sleeps for 2 hours gets up starts singing the monkey song as we call it (the one about the Alligator eating all the monkeys in the tree) and doing all the signs and sounds for every animal she can think of. It was really adorable but I wanted her to go back to sleep. No matter how sweet I asked her she was not interested in sleeping so back down stairs we go (we didn't want to wake Ken up).
Friday morning I try to feed her breakfast and I manage to get her to eat a graham cracker and drink some juice. She mostly just sat in my lap all morning and fell asleep about 7 am. I waited until it was a decent hour and called my mom. She suggested I call the nurse at her doctors office and ask what to do and how much ibuprofen to give an 18 lbs toddler. Well I called and they wanted to see her right away. Is it just me or do you always have to go in if you call the doctors office. Well we go down and they don't have anything for me except I was giving Sariah far to little medicine. They couldn't pin point what it is she has except its a virus. She (Sariah's Doctor) told me what to expect and what I could give her. We stop by the grocery on the way back home and pick up Pedialyte and juice then we went home to nap. Friday was much worse she cried and had diarrhea all day long. I was supposed to have an activity at my house Friday but I cancelled it. The thing I didn't mention is that for one I am wearing braces (on my teeth) and I just had them tighten the day before. So I wasn't feeling very well either. Back to Sariah on Friday I gave her Tylenol for most of the day until late afternoon when I thought I'd try the ibuprofen again (just the right amount this time). Well about 15 minutes after I gave it to her she jump down from the couch and started playing and talking (well her version of talking it sounds like singing where you can't tell what she saying). I was really optimistic and was thinking we was going to be better before you knew it. But that's where I was wrong (again). She got up at 1 am and as I said earlier it was Ken's night so I asked him (more like told him) to go see what Sariah needed/ wanted. Well I feel back asleep until 5am and asked how she was doing and he said that they had been up since 1 am and he was tired. I asked if she had any more medicine and he said no. So we gave her another full dose and I took it from there. Since she didn't want to sleep she and I ate breakfast, well she still wasn't eating, so I ate breakfast and then she kept crying saying (actually signing) that she wanted her daddy and not me. So I thought I'd take her on a drive she seems to enjoy that these days. Well it was Saturday morning and we were driving around our neighborhood and I saw a yard sale sign so I thought why not. So we spent the next 2 hours driving and shopping. About 8 am she decided she did want to eat, which turned out to be 2 graham crackers and some more juice. We didn't find much at the yard sales Sariah got a toy and I found a few cute baby clothes and a carpet sweeper. Well it was fun and frustrating at the same time. You see at this one yard sale they had an entire set of Graco equipment (Swing, Stroller, Carrier, High Chair and Pack'n'Play w/ changing table and bassinet features) so I asked how much and she said 60 dollars and I said for all of it and she said NO for each item. I thought she was crazy, she quickly said it was almost brand new and hardly used and she asked if I new how much they went for new. She said that new they were 115 and more. Needless to say I didn't get any of it. Especially after I looked for the manufacture date which was early 2003 (so not brand new). Everything she had was well over yard sale price.
Saturday went much like Friday except her fever went down till she was in the normal range. I called and told the people I work with at church that I wouldn't be coming to church and that I'd find a substitute. (my Callings currently are Activity Day Leader, Nursery assistant, and Sunday School Teacher) I'm not sure if they will release me when the baby gets here. Well have to wait and see.
Today is Sunday and Sariah doesn't have a fever but is still grouchy. she ate a small breakfast of oatmeal and had crackers and Braunschweiger for lunch. For all of you that maybe wondering what this is . . . .its liver sausage, Sariah likes it and since she is underweight its good for her. In 2 oz. of this stuff there is 190g of calories and 150g come from fat. She also gets 8g of protein and 17g of fat. Sariah is usually a good eater so we need to add a few extra calories every time she eats. We hope she will be all the way better tomorrow.
Until next time.

No comments: