Thursday, September 20, 2007

Today is my due date

Well I know I usually report my Doctor appointment on Wednesday but I switched to Thursday this week. My mom is here and I'm desperately trying to move this baby out. I had regular contractions from 6-10 pm on Tuesday night but I got into bed trying to get some rest and then they stopped. Today I thought I'd go for a really long walk. Well I'll post a message after I get back from the doctor with hopefully good news. I thought I would go over my due date but I really do want to get her (or him) out.
Well here is something for everyone to laugh about. This morning I woke up with this awful pain in my side so I try shifting positions to make it better. The easiest thing was lying on my back but those of you who have had 25 lbs of baby and water on your back know this is never a comfortable position. Well when I tried to roll on to the other side the pain was just too much for me to handle. Well as I lay there feeling like a beached whale I wonder what am I going to do. Ken started to stir as I'm trying not to scream (the pain was that bad) and get up on my own. He knows if I usually wake up and I'm grimacing in pain his job is to wake up rub my fingers till I can feel them again, so that's exactly what he starts to do (isn't he sweet, I love him). Well this pain isn't getting better and I now can't breath (to much baby in the lungs) and I try to tell get help me sit up, well normally I roll to one side and push up and when he starts to help me do this all I can get out is "pain, pain" and then "up, up" well I guess he got the idea cause he slides his arm behind my back and he helped push all 150 lbs of me up. I don't think I could have done the same for him (even if he was half my weight and size), but he is the stronger of the two of us when it comes to lifting. So I never really thought I was a whale but after this morning I truly felt like one. After this all happened I thought yes I might go into labor on my due date, how cool. But after a few minutes (felt like 30) the pain went away and when I tried to lay back down and I was not getting back to sleep. This is the second day in a row that I got up at 5:30 - 6:00 am and I know I better start getting used to it because I'll be up that time every day. Well until next time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should be careful when acting like 150lbs is alot just in case there's a sensitive person reading this blog; some of us were only 150lbs AFTER we had the baby! haha

Angel

Faith said...

Well maybe comparing my self to an over turned turtle would be more accurate.
Faith