Ahhh the good old days of Hunny I'm home. When I was I kid I grew up watching leave it to Beaver and I thought when I grew up it would be just like that. I recently received this picture in an e-mail. I was surprised to read that someone would make fun of this. Well its a picture of a housekeeping article from back in 1955. Well, let me just post this picture so you can see for yourself.I have always strived to make our home a place where my husband and our children would want to be. I know I fall short especially in the house keeping department but I do strive to keep the place tidy. I like to think that we'd model our grandparent’s example since they were married far long than the current average of a couple of years. I'm glad to say that we've gotten better about husbands and fathers. I'm glad that I'm married to a man who isn't afraid to change a diaper or do laundry or wash dishes. I don't know if you can read the article but it says a good wife doesn't complain if your husband is late for dinner or even stays out all night without an explanation. I don't agree with that one. I also noticed it puts the wife’s place second to her husband which I also don't agree with. I think a mother's job is never ending and can be just as demanding, if not more, as going to work. I'm so happy I've married the man of my dreams. Ken is always supportive and caring and thoughtful and always willing to chip in. So on this day, the day we celebrate the love we have for one another, I want to say Happy Valentine's Day. Well I think I've ranted long enough, until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment