Sunday, February 17, 2008

Wow . . Great talks today my Stake conference report

I heard some of the best talks today in church.
I really enjoyed what Elder Nelson said:
the best thing a husband can do for his children and his family is to LOVE is wife!

He admonished husbands to do the following 8 things:

1. ANTICIPATE ! ( be aware of her wants and needs..surprise her with your awareness...do something special!)
2. APPRECIATE! ( be sure you appreciate her .. for all that does to keep your home clean and your stomach well-nourished!)
3. CELEBRATE! ( always remember birthdays and anniversaries, but remember other dates like Valentines Day. Have a "date" night once a week. Celebrate her!)
4. COOPERATE! ( Lift the load she bears)
5. ELEVATE! ( do not come into your home at night until you feel you can bless and elevate those inside)
6. MOTIVATE! (encourage her to develop a talent she has or that she might not know she has)
7. RADIATE! (radiate goodness. Show more "light" than "heat"!)
8. SUPPLICATE! (counsel with the Lord in all things...study scriptures together... strive for spiritual symmetry.)

He also shared his families motto Matthew 6:33 and 2 Nephi 1:15

He gave counsel to the family to be unified. I know we need to make sure we are reading scriptures and having family prayer. I wish I could have recorded the whole thing. I'm happy to say the kids did very well but Sariah stopped being able to sit still after 1 hr and 45 min. I'm very proud of her and I can understand her frustration at being told to sit still for 2 hrs. I'm so very blessed to have happy, well behaved children. Well Chloe is calling me so, until next time.

No comments: