Hi, my name is Faith and I married my perfect match, Ken, on April 16th 2005. We have two amazing daughters, Sariah and Chloe and a handsome little man, Isaac. With one more on the way. And this is our way of keeping in touch and letting our friends and family what's going on at our house. This is also how I keep my sanity; writing down what happens to me seems to make me feel better. Plus I can’t resist bragging about my amazing kids.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Now I thought I was bad . . . .
but then I see my Dad. We decided of Friday night to go up to Raleigh to visit. The girls didn't sleep well which was suprising because they both are usually so go at my parents place. Ken got up ran an errand, Mom left for shopping and the train musuem, and Dad ran out to get a tarp to protect the new addition to the house from the rain. I was there by myself just hanging out which is weird for me cause I can't remember being there alone ever in my whole life. I do have 9 siblings so any alone time was hard to come by. Which I personally loved since I don't enjoy being alone. Anyway Dad and Ken came back and went out to put a tarp on the roof and Chloe went down for a nap. While Sariah and I played with my little sisters toy, I mean school work thing, we heard a loud noise and without thinking about it I ran out side and said is everybody all right. When I couldn't see anybody I started walking toward the stairs. I then saw my dad motionless on the ground with ken kneeling over him. Ken told me to call 911 which I dashed for the phone it super sonic speed. I tried explaining to the 911 operator that my Dad fell from the roof and we needed an ambulance. Ken was telling me what to say to her and I was trying my best to repeat it and she was asking me questions that I thought were silly like whats your address. Now I really thought that in todays world with callerID they had the means to have you address by your phone number. I finally answered her question and for a split second I thought of my address which wouldn't help. I then continued to tell her what ken had said, he hit his head and had a cunction which he could feel. She wanted to ask me other questions but I was freaking out by now and couldn't see the point to some of these questions. I do understand know but when I was in the situation I didn't see it. I think the questions she asked for (in no particular order) what was his age, how far did he fall, what cause the fall, did I see the fall, and was he conscious. I did let her ask her questions and I answered them as best I could but I didn't actually see it I only heard it. He then wanted to talk to ken since he has seen the fall. While I was on the phone I tried to keep Sariah in the house and figure out what had happened with what Ken was telling me. Dad was lying there (trying to get up) and didn't seem himself. He wouldn't answer questions and looked as if he wanted to say something but couldn't. And he was breathing like he couldn't get enough air. After we hung up with the 911 people I called Mom and told her she should come home and that Dad fell from the roof and hit his head. We almost immediately started hearing the sirens and I was comforted that help was on their way. Ken gave Dad a blessing and immediately seemed some what better. He was talking and trying to get up, telling us he was fine and so forth. When the sirens stopped I panicked again I ask why would they stop. I went to the street to see if I could see them but when I didn't I went back for the phone but once I had it a fire truck was in my parent’s yard. I ran out to met them and tell them where my Dad was. They asked the same question over and over again. How old was he, what hit first, they asked Dad how he felt (which he replied that he was fine in his friendly voice as it we were making up the fall). The rolled him on to the board and put a brace on his neck. Ken told everybody what had happened and retold everybody when the paramedics got there. The paramedics told me they needed to take him to a trauma center since he could have neck, back/spine and hip injuries. I said it was fine and she asked us if Duke or Wake Med. I didn't see a difference and looked to Ken and he asked which was closer. She and I both said they are about the same. Ken said Wake Med so that where they took him. I wanted to call Mom and make sure that was what she wanted and she said either is fine. Ken then said he'd go with them to the Hospital. I wanted to be the one to be there for my Dad but I know the girls would rather have me there with them. So that’s what we did. Just before they left Ken told me that he was going to be ok. Mom was only 30-45 minutes from getting back. We waited and while we did (I also felt the need to do something) I called everyone I had a telephone number for. I let them know what had happened. I also suggested a family fast which I wanted to participate in. When I got done Mom drove up dropped everybody off and drove off to Wake. I decided I didn't want to sit at the house and wait and I was asked to bring my little sister to my older sister’s house. When she express a desire to see Dad and go to the Hospital I called and ask Mom if she could just come with me to the hospital, she said if she wanted to but could see why she would want to. After getting to the hospital and walking a lot we found Dad and Ken and some of my siblings. Most of them were there only after a short while. We said hi and bye and said we'd go home and pray cause that all we could do. On the way home I got Ken side of the story which went a little some thing like this. Dad had put a ladder on the shorter roof to get to the taller roof and on his way down the ladder slipped. Dad spread his legs out to try and stop himself but wasn't able to. As he fell his feet were first but his back started to fall faster than his feet. His hips hit first and then his head hit the concrete. Ken asked Dad if he was ok but didn't get a response. He started his first aid and told me to call 911. While I was gone Ken saw his eyes roll back and he stopped breathing. He was out for about 30 seconds and then came back but wouldn't/couldn't talk. All through out this Ken held his neck still and repeatedly told my Dad he had to lay down and not move. Dad complained of his hips and lower back hurting and his wrists hurting. Well we've heard back from the doctor and he cracked his hips. He supposed to be on bed rest for 6 weeks which is going to feel like eternity for him. He is much like me or maybe I'm more like him and worse thing you could say to me is you have to lie here for 6 weeks or longer. He thinks he needs to finish up a couple of jobs but Mom keeps telling him he can't and that he'll have to find somebody else to do it. Well I'll try to post updates as they come but he really is going to be ok. I'm very grateful that we were there and that I didn't go with Mom. This is proof of modern day miracles. I can't believe it was anything besides divine intervention that kept my Dad alive and he only has a cracked hip. Well I'm glad my posts aren’t like this every time, until next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Places I've been so far
Create your own travel map
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No comments:
Post a Comment