Chloe’s Milestones
Chloe has three teeth as of today and her fourth should be coming in any say now. She finally is crawling and some cruising. I know my kids aren’t going in order but that’s life sometimes. She broke a pretzel with her teeth this morning. I was a bit shocked but I knew she’d figure out she could use her teeth for that sort of thing sooner or later. She is also finally “talking” which may not sound like a big deal. But for the past few doctor appointments they’ve asked if she babbles and I have to say no, not really. She mostly blew bubbles, rolled her tongue, grunted and made all sorts of funny sounds. But today I can say she coos and babbles quite well, she also throws in funny noises to get our attention. She is quite funny and sweet. She still can’t grasp small objects between her index finger and thumb but she got great eye hand coordination. Last night while I was trying to enjoy yummy reception food she grabbed my meatball. She seems a little young to be taking food from me but maybe I just don’t realize she’s always wanted our food and just couldn’t get her hands on it.
Sariah’s Milestones
Sariah hasn’t been changing as drastically as Chloe but her milestones are just as important and also make me proud to be her mama. She is talking in full sentences, she still needs work though in using all them little words. When I ask her to repeat a sentence she picks just the big ones. She’s also enjoying our “Can you say?” game. My mom’s best friends youngest daughter has downs syndrome and had speech therapy and the one thing I remember is trying to get to enunciate. We try and get her to repeat words until they sounded like they ought to. I still to this day have to ask her to repeat herself when I talk to her. But what we’ve don’t with Sariah is play this game where I ask can you say elephant and she then repeats elephant. She actually loves it and she’ll come up to me and say mommy can you say couch. She is quite cute and I love to sit on the couch and play one on one with her. I have also been teaching her letters and numbers which she has down pat and now know the letters (with only one sound) sounds. I’ve been trying to get her to understand each letter has a sound and when you put two or more letters together you get a word. Not sure she understands but she loves to play with the sounds for each letter. She also has learned that if you mess up you can try again. Now I know I don’t talk a lot about it but I love video games and Sariah likes to watch (sometimes). Last week we went to the Library and I told her she could pick out something to take home and she found a Winne the Pooh video game (I think she thought it was a DVD). I told she could get it if she wanted. I’d just like to say I think it rocks that I can rent DVDs, music CDs, Video games (Wii, XBOX 360, DS, Game boy Advance, PSP, Ps2 and XBOX), Audio books and PC games. So we brought it home put it in and she thought it was great. She asked for help but every time she died (not really die cause it’s a kid game, but you know what I mean) I told her she could try again. And before too long she was telling me its ok try again. We’ve tried to let Sariah explore the world around her and not to give up. I hope to also teach she is beautiful because of who she is not what she looks like or what designer clothes she has on. Sariah last mile stone is overcoming her fear of water. She has loved having a pool and inviting friends over to swim. She is quite social and she invited a couple of friends over to swim this week (I’m not kidding she went up to them at church and said come to my house and swim?). Hopefully it will work out that the weather is such that we can get in. So that Sariah has a chance to play with friends and to learn, I’m starting my own preschool/playgroup thing. I believe I’ve only got a couple of kids but it will be fun. Any one who is interested is welcome to join us.
In other news, I feel like a lousy parent. Today Sariah saw another little girl running in the hallways of church and began running also. Well we have a no running in the church since it is the Lord’s house. So I caught her held her hand/arm and told her she couldn’t run and if she did she would receive a consequence. Well I let go and she slowly walked to one of her favorite people and started to cry. This little girl (she’s 10 and loves to hold my babies) looked down at her and asked what was wrong. She just cried and cried. Ever time I touched her she cried louder and by now she’s got everyone’s attention. I turn and see Ken coming down the hall and ask him to pick her up so this little girl can go back to her family. I told Ken that she didn’t want me and everyone asked what was wrong and if they could help. She told us her arm hurt and couldn’t show us where. We asked our bishop what he thought and he said it looked dislocated. Ken asked what I did and I told him I made her stop running. Ken and the bishop gave her a blessing. I was now feeling horrible and how maybe I should have just let her run (though I worry about her tripping or tripping others). Ken then dropped me and Chloe at home and took her to the ER. After 2hours of waiting they got home and told me the story and went off to naps. Well happy fathers day Ken. I’m terribly sorry it wasn’t the day it should have been. The plan was to come home together and make a special lunch and open presents. Luckily Sariah has forgiven me and I hope Ken has too. He was tired and wanted to just go take a nap and talk about it when he woke up. Letting him sleep is the least I can do (which is where he is now).
Now as a final note, I want to wish all the dads out there a happy fathers day. I was informed today on where and when the holiday originated and I thought it was neat that a girl wanted to celebrate her dad and the wonderful person that he was. I think I have the greatest dad, he never says no and he has an answer to every question. While my Dad to this day works harder and longer than any other man I know, Ken takes a close second. When he fell we joked that this was a big deal because Dad does the work of 6 men and he’d have a lot of catch up work. My Dad taught work ethic to me and most everything I know about fixing things and putting anything together. My Dad is an electrician but he is also a mechanic, plumber, and carpenter. You name it he can fix it. Now my husband who takes a close second works hard at what he does but then comes home and does laundry, changes diapers, does the dishes and anything that needs it. Ken gives me breaks and down time when ever I need it. Then when that’s all done he’s back at work taking care of what ever has broken at the office that week. And then his weekend is usually spent with the girls and doing various house projects. He’s the greatest dad to our little girls and they just love him and can’t wait till he gets home. I love him and all that he does for our family and allowing me to stay at home with the kids. Well, until next time.
Hi, my name is Faith and I married my perfect match, Ken, on April 16th 2005. We have two amazing daughters, Sariah and Chloe and a handsome little man, Isaac. With one more on the way. And this is our way of keeping in touch and letting our friends and family what's going on at our house. This is also how I keep my sanity; writing down what happens to me seems to make me feel better. Plus I can’t resist bragging about my amazing kids.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Places I've been so far
Create your own travel map
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No comments:
Post a Comment