Well I have lots of things to post about and I've wanted to get on here and tell you guys all about it BUT we've been doing the sick thing. It all started with a visit to see the folks and a day or so after getting home Sariah started throwing up and I wasn't feeling too well. Well then both girls starting having diarrhea. Yikes!! And I have never changed so many diapers in just a few days in my life (Well maybe not, I changed a lot of diapers while I watched triplets and their older brothers, that’s another post). Finally most everybody is back to normal and I've even caught up on some chores. It's also been 100 degrees everyday for a week. So since our pool is cleaned and ready for the season we've been in it everyday.
Well the final reason I haven't been on is what happened two days ago. While at the grocery store (won't mention names cause it wasn't entirely their fault) in the check out aisle. Ken was letting Sariah pay for the groceries (namely ice cream to combat the 100 degree weather). Since she loves to climb, she started to climb out of the cart onto the conveyer belt. When she did this she pushed the cart and the space between her the ledge was quickly getting bigger. With my cat like reflexes (and since I do this almost once everyday) I dove for her to catch her before she hit the cement while Ken grabbed her foot (I think). Well she was wailing and gasping for air I took her outside to access the damage. While I was talking to her and asking what hurt, I turned her toward me and that’s when I saw all the blood. I got down on the ground applied pressure and this lady who saw the whole thing asked if she was going to be ok. I said it was worse than I thought and asked if she'd get my husband. She was so sweet and went back inside for him. Thank you lady at the store, I don't know who you are but it was very sweet to be concerned. I didn't think he was coming fast enough and Sariah wasn't letting me hold her chin together so I scooped her up and ran back inside to see why he was taking so long. I told him it was bad and I thought she needed stitches. After we got back to the car Ken loaded up the groceries and volunteered to hold her as I drove. So I took out the car seat in the back and Ken held her and got her to calm down a bit. I know what some of you are thinking but there was no way we were going to put her in a car seat and hold her chin. And since we live only a mile or two from said grocery store we just went home. After getting Chloe in the house and out ice cream in the freezer, I cleared off out island in the kitchen and laid down a couple of fluffy towels. Sariah laid perfectly still while Ken removed the handkerchief (thanks Ken for carrying around a handkerchief for moments like this one). Ken wrapped her chin in bandages and said she'd be fine. I wasn't entirely sure she didn't need stitches but I trust my husbands judgment. We let her watch TV and take it easy that night.
We never did sit down and enjoy our little treat. Well maybe after Sariah's chin heals I'll feel more like eating it. Sariah is way more sensitive now and caution. I know she'll be back to climbing and running and jumping in no time. The sweet part of this story is that as it was time for bed Ken took her into the front room to sing to her (he's been doing this for Sariah since the day she was born and she loves it and I love the moment to sit down and think), she asked for a blessing. I was a tiny bit surprised that she thought to ask but I'm so glad she did. Since I feel blessings are personal and private I won't be sharing what was said. I just want my kids to know that the priesthood has been restored and miracles like Jesus preformed can be preformed today through priesthood power by one holding authority. Sariah is doing much better and we're glad she is. She is still sporting her giant bandage on her face. She doesn't like the idea of getting in grocery carts or anyone touching her face. I'm not sure how long this will last but I'll be happy when I have my Sariah back and all of her spunky self. By the way she bought a giant bouncy ball yesterday to make her feel better.
As I mentioned earlier I do partly blame this store, only on the fact that they don’t offer carts where two children or a baby and toddler can sit safely. I suppose with the way America is going parents are having their children 5 years apart and a 5 year old doesn’t want to ride in a cart. So why would any one accommodate those of us who have children two years apart. Sariah loves shopping and I plan on her sitting in the cart for a long time. I just want to say I think they are doing their children a great disservice. Sariah has learned so much from having a little sister. The Lord sent us to earth in families for a reason. Some one said to me the other day that the Lord blessed me with a lot of patience. I didn’t correct her but I don’t think that I was blessed with patience; the Lord is teaching me patience through my kids. I hope to be an instrument in the Lord’s hands and if it means bringing his children into the world and raising them, then that’s the privilege I’ve been given. I think the Lord is also teaching me tolerance. I am trying to love and treat those around me the way the Lord does. Its hard and I want to scream things like “why don’t you get it!” when they do certain things. I can’t make other peoples decisions and they are the ones that have to live with those choices. I need to just worry about me and I have enough flaws to worry about. Well I think that just about sums up my life this past week, until next time.
Hi, my name is Faith and I married my perfect match, Ken, on April 16th 2005. We have two amazing daughters, Sariah and Chloe and a handsome little man, Isaac. With one more on the way. And this is our way of keeping in touch and letting our friends and family what's going on at our house. This is also how I keep my sanity; writing down what happens to me seems to make me feel better. Plus I can’t resist bragging about my amazing kids.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Places I've been so far
Create your own travel map
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
1 comment:
Wow! Sounds like you have had a crazy few days. I hope everything is back to normal. It is never fun to see little children hurt, especially when they are your own.
James
Post a Comment