Thursday, June 5, 2008

Things we've accomplish this week




Well, after some guys came by and my father-in-law visited and two long weekends we finally have finished some projects. I just want to start off by saying thanks to those (including my sweet husband) who came and worked their tails off. Here is the list of accomplishments (this is big for me because I love seeing a list of everything I did; only I didn’t do these by myself):

1. Pool cleaned, Which involved:
a)Empting water
b)Skipping out leaves
c)Vacuuming algae
d)Scrubbing bottom and sides
e)Changing sand in filter (I then broke filter)
f)Fixing filter (including multiple trip to Lowes)
g)Replacing old hoses and putting the filter and pump back together
h)Finally filling with new water
i)Testing water and buying needed chemicals
j)Adding chemicals (finally ready for 95 degree summer weather)

2. Garden weeded (though there is always more weeding to do) and tied up vine veggies

3. Gutter fixed and cleaned (and the little surprise that came with it, see earlier post)

4. Yard picked up and mowed and some (not all) trees chopped down

5. Monkey bars have been sanded (but I seriously need to get paint on them)

6. The shelves are up and toys are organized (these are the ones my parents gave us)

7. Sariah’s room is finish (I’d still like to hang some art on the walls)

8. Attic fans are installed and extra vents have been blocked (I have suspicions this isn’t working the way its supposed to, but that’s another post)

9. Replacing the batting in Sariah’s favorite kitty blanket (it will hopefully last a very long time)

Well that’s a big list and as I’m typing out the past few weeks accomplishments I am thinking of other big projects I’d like to start like:
• Put furniture in our front room (we’ve only lived here 2 years but I’d love to use our front room)
• Power wash deck and siding
• Change wall paper in Dinning Room
• Fix or replace A/C heating units
• Remodel our kitchen
Now I know all of these are going to take a lot of time and money which is why we haven’t done them yet. But a girl can dream can’t she. I’ve got a lot to think about this summer and projects aren’t one of them. Speaking of the summer; July and August are going to be crazy months for me. July I’ve got a bunch of pre-op appointments and August is just the surgery which will take the whole month.

So while I was out of town visiting family I saw my surgeon and he determined that I’m ready and once paper work and pre-op stuff was done we could go ahead and have the surgery. Well, while I was waiting to be seen by this doctor this young man walked up with his mom and his face had doubled in size. I couldn’t help but to stare and I was staring cause I was caught up in the thoughts for is that what I’m going to look like and is he hurting. Well I couldn’t stop myself I blurted out that seeing him wasn’t making me more comfortable about this idea of surgery. We tried to smile and tell me it wasn’t bad and that he wasn’t in pain (yea right). He said they took real good care of him and everything would be fine for me. He had his surgery about 3 days earlier and he looked bad. I have planed to cover every mirror and to not look into any glass that may show a reflection. I’ll just be glad when this is all over with. A friend asked if I’d take pain killers and to be 100% honest I’m not sure. Maybe for the first day or so but I want to be off them as soon as possible. It’ll take me 3 days to a week just to get to sleep on my own after stopping the medicine so I don’t want to get addicted. The doctor answered my questions and tried to help realize exactly what I was getting myself into. I don’t think I can understand until it’s all over. I’m trying to explain to the kids what’s going to happen. The doctor think Sariah will not be thrilled with my “new look” I guess we’ll see. I just want to say that I’m so glad my Mom has been so willing to help even though she doesn’t want to see me in pain. My sisters have also been a big help and I’m so glad I get to be in Raleigh with them while I recover.

On a happier note I wanted to share my success with my garden with you all. I have one pepper, a couple of green tomatoes, tiny green beans, several pods of peas and I even had one strawberry. It’s very exciting and I’m looking forward to picking the fruits of my labors. Here’s a few pictures of the gardens current progress. Well, I think that sums up my thoughts, feelings and reports for the past weeks, until next time.

No comments: