I'm back, its great to be back. I will give a full account of my past comings and goings (there isn't much so don't get too excited). I think this account needs a preface. My mom and I thought of a wonderful idea, a few months back, to go on a trip to the mountains after my surgery. It would be during my two week appointment and would be somewhere away from it all where I could relax and recover. Well after we decided to postpone the surgery we talked and decided to keep our reservation for the mountains. We moved the dates slightly so that Ken (since his staff already made other plans) could come on the days he had already cleared off for the surgery. And we also thought it would be fun to invite all my sisters and their kids. Wow that's a lot of people (my side of the family consists of my mom and Dad, me (and my husband), 5 sister, 2 brother in laws, 4 brothers, 3 sister in laws and 14 babies plus one on the way, and though not everyone was able to come there was still a lot of people approximently 16(plus the bun in the oven) of the 32(plus the bun in the oven)) but the more the merrier, right? (I'm including this info so when I talk about how many people are going to be under one roof for the upcoming family reunion you'll know I wasn't exaggerating, which I'm known to do from time to time)
We tried to leave on Wednesday but got delayed with work stuff. We did make it as far as my parents home but crashed there for the night. We got up early (Ken started his vacation by sleeping in, love ya Ken) and we ran a few errands and we finally got out the door and on the road. The kids weren't thrilled about the driving part but Sariah couldn't stop talking about the mountains. She was asleep when we finally got far enough down the road to see the mountains but she didn't miss them when we were there. She was so excited to be there. Ken promptly took a nap and I got the kids out of the house and did most of the grocery shopping for the week. We settled in for the rest of the day and got everything set up.
The next morning we went shopping again (you can never do to much shopping, by the way we shopped almost everyday) with Ken and then went home for nap time. There was a cute little pony that we feed several times we were there. We also spent many trips down to the creek. The weather was marvelous and it made me not want to come home.
Saturday my mom watched the kids so Ken and I could go have alone time (thank you mom, I really miss alone time with Ken). We went horseback riding in the morning, we went home to recover and then after the kids went to sleep that night we went out again for some fun country dancing. We had a blast and I wasn't even this sore after I had a baby (but it was totally worth it).
Sunday we went to church and then Ken had to head back so he could go to work Monday morning. I'd just like to say how grateful I am that I have a husband that works hard so I can stay home with the kids.
On Monday morning we did a little bit of sight seeing and just visiting.
Then Tuesday we did a bit of clean up and arranging the beds for the guests arriving. Wednesday we visited the library, welcomed two of my sister and visited.
Thursday we played in the creek, feed the horse, threw rocks in the creek, caught crawdads, took a walk, and just enjoyed one another's company.
Friday we did more of the same with the addition of going to an mining town to visit the museum and check out the cool rocks. I opted to stay home so that my teething little one could get a good nap before the following day with the plan to go to an amusement park. I'm really not a napping Nazi but with her teeth 3 at one time and I enjoy the alone time that nap time offers I'd just like for her to have as many naps as she wants.
Friday evening some more sister (in-laws but they have felt like sisters since day one) came up for a weekend visit.
Saturday we got up and spent the whole day at an amusement park which was wild west themed and they loved most of it. They weren't to thrilled with anything that involved a loud noise but once I figured that out we just skipped those places. We had tons of fun and hope to go again with Ken.
Sunday was church of course.
Monday was shopping again, and Mom's friend and her daughter came up that day also.
Tuesday we did the mining thing but we decided the my sisters and I would split a bucket of rocks and go panning for hopefully gold and fine gems. Though we didn't make money on the deal we had a lot of fun. We went home, napped, cleaned and packed.
Wednesday I got up at 6:30 and packed the rest of our stuff and cleaned as much mess as I could with a clinging 10 month old on my hip. Which was challenging but once we got on the road she slept. We stopped at some of my favorite types of shopping, salvage store. We stocked up on juice and misceloanus stuff. We didn't have too much space in the car so I had to control my shopping urge to buy everything. (I know I have a serious problem). We got to mom's house about 4 pm and I moved my stuff into my car and went in the house to rest for a bit. I asked the girls if they wanted to stay at grammie's house for the night or drive home to see daddy and they choose grammie so we stayed and hung out. And then after dinner I asked again if they wanted to go home or stay and Sariah said Daddy, Daddy. So I said we'll get back in the van and go home. Ken was suprised to see us but grateful we were home again. He really does miss us when we're gone and we miss him too.
I'm home now and I'm still recovering/unpacking. We've enjoyed not being stressed and working on the many projects (procrastination is a wonderful thing). I've got tons to catch up on so until next time.
Hi, my name is Faith and I married my perfect match, Ken, on April 16th 2005. We have two amazing daughters, Sariah and Chloe and a handsome little man, Isaac. With one more on the way. And this is our way of keeping in touch and letting our friends and family what's going on at our house. This is also how I keep my sanity; writing down what happens to me seems to make me feel better. Plus I can’t resist bragging about my amazing kids.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Places I've been so far
Create your own travel map
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No comments:
Post a Comment