Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Very long time, no blogging

I wish I had some awesome excuse for not blogging until now but I don't. I've not done anything huge and I haven't been enormously busy, just normal busy(with preschool for Sariah, and sharing time for primary). I haven't had too many Dr appointments (just 2 this month) or been on vacation (except that first week). I guess you could say I've been out living my life. I suppose I should fill my avid audience of 3 about my comings and goings for the past month.

I went to Myrtle Beach with the family the first week of October, which was awesome and was a week of fun family time doing and going to a small zoo/garden, the aquarium, playing MagiQuest (way more than I should admit too but it was way fun), some pool swimming, some beach time and just playing with aunts uncles and cousins. Our final night (Friday) we thought we do some thing fun to remember the week. We went and got fire crackers and set them off on the beach. These were purchased in the city limits and we didn't know they were illegal until the cops showed up and informed us its a $500 ticket but he let us go with a warning. Thank you Myrtle Beach cop, we appreciate the $1000 savings. I was shocked but that's life. He even let us take home the unlit firecrackers. I know our neighbors turned us in but they could of just told us they were illegal. Well after an exciting evening we went to bed and got up early for the drive home.

We got home just in time for conference. I love conference and look forward to watching it every 6 months. Our girls were troopers and watched all 4 sessions with us. Well I say all of it but truth be told they slept for parts of each of them but they did watch/listen to some of all of them. Because of technical difficulties here at the house we could only listen to it but then we went to church for Sunday's sessions. I heard several talks that I really needed to hear.

For the past two weeks I've been busy with preschool for the girls and Sariah loves learning and loves to tell us the sound each letter makes so we are trying to teach her phonics so she can put those letter sounds to make words. Its so exciting to see her learn and that she loves to learn. I've also been busy with Sharing time. We've talked about service this month and I've tried to teach by example so I've been busy with finding and doing service.

Ken and I took the girls to the state fair this past weekend and there we meet Princess Presto and Super Why and Hooper. Sariah thought that was really cool. She also went on a few rides with Ken and even rode a horse. I'd post some pictures but our camera was just too big to bring and hold Chloe at the same time. I only took video and pictures with the video but I have yet to either get software or someone to show me how to post video on the blog.

I can't believe how much the girls are growing but Chloe had her 1 year appointment which was going great until the shots. But after we got home she slept and was fine after that. She is now 29" tall and 19lbs I'm actually surprise her weight wasn't more. Sariah is 34" tall and 23lbs and she needs to be 26lbs to stay on her 5th percentile. If they try to get me to come every week cause she's small I'm going to have to say no thank you.

Yesterday I drove up to see my surgeon (I know I can't believe its only 1 month until surgery). After driving to my mom's house putting the kids to sleep I called Ken to talk with him and while talking to him some one from my Surgeons office called to tell me my appointment was canceled since I already did that appointment for the last surgery date I had. I had asked if we could just skip these appointments a month ago and they said no. Do you want to know what time I was called, 9:30 PM and my appointment was 9AM the following morning. I know, really annoying. I have to give them 24 hours notice if I need to change my appointment but they can't call me before I leave my house and drive hours with 2 toddlers. My sweet husband keeps reminding me how nice it was that they called at all. Yeah, I guess its better than that but not much better. I would have been so relieved to have that call 12 hrs earlier.

Well I won't leave to on a sour note so I just want to say my past month has had ups and downs but we've been truly blessed. Sariah has loved having friends over and learning with them. Chloe is struggling with not being able to do what Sariah can do but is learning fast (she is learning signing language (thanks to signing time, which unfortunately was lost during our trip to the Myrtle Beach)). Ken has been not sick (except this weekend) and I'm happy. Even though I spent many days wondering if I was going to get everything done. I've also been using almost all of my free time reading. I love fantasy novels and recently several authors I like have come out with new books. I've been reading them two at a time, which is a bit confusing and hard to keep stories straight but I'm almost done with what I have and I plan to pick up more this week. So what I'm trying to say is that I won't be on here almost at all. I've got to clean my storage space (which will be converted to a bedroom) and I've got to pack and go shopping for my month out of commission. There is quite a lot to do and I only have 35 days to do it in. I also have Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas to start and finish in those same 35 days. I must confess that Halloween is already done, I just have to do it. Thanksgiving I'm not doing much for so thanks to my Mom who is doing it a day early so I can be there all I have to do is a side dish. And I'm done with the bulk of Christmas I just need to take a picture of our family and put them in the cards (I'll probably send them before I'm to sore to care). So family of mine don't be surprised to see them in your mailbox in November instead of December. Well until next time (probably in another month).

PS I didn't proof read it so I'm sorry if there are any errors (I've got to finish this chapter before the girls wake up)

No comments: