Well its been a while since I've posted but I promise I'll do better when I have more time (aka after I'm ready for this surgery). I know its really late but let me tell you why I'm up so late. Yesterday (Saturday) I was not feeling so hot and I thought I had the flu. I tried to lie down and go to sleep and I just wasn't sleepy and my head and stomach hurt so much I just couldn't think about anything else. I asked Ken to get me something for my head. And after a few minutes he came back with little blue pills. He said he couldn't find the ibuprofen and just told me to take these ones instead. I didn't think twice about what he was giving me I just was so happy and hopeful that it would take some of my pain away. Well folks it did that and more. I was dozing off in 15 minutes and I didn't wake up until 8am the next morning. I asked him what was in those pills cause I didn't feel any pain or upset stomach and I had slept really well. He said all he could find was Tylenol PM (which explained a lot). I pulled out the ibuprofen so he'd know where it was if he needed it. So today we decided it was best for the girls and me not to go to church (I just want to add I hate missing church). And after Ken came home and helped with lunch we all had naps and slept for 2 more hours. I really should have thought about that one before allowing myself to sleep during the day. So now its midnight and I can't sleep (I tried to sleep for an hour and now up I'm blogging). I hate taking any drugs. I wish I couldn't remove all pills from my life. The iron the doctor wants me to take is making me so nauseated I can't stand it. I think most people think I'm crazy (I can even think of a few specific names) because I don't take drugs. The nurse who was there most of the labor for Chloe thinks I'm crazy for not taking the drugs and another friend of mine thinks I ought to reconsider my anti drug philosophy. But I won't be changing my mind any time soon. I do have special circumstances I will take drugs for and this surgery (and the last one and any other I may have in my future) is one of them. I'm taking lots of pills (lovely vitamins) now and after surgery he has several more pills for me. I think my new years resolution is to not take any pills for a few months just to have a break from them. Then I'll go back to my lovely vitamin regiment after a month or two break. I take enough pills you might think I was old. I'm taking 8 (used to be 9) now plus my shot I have to get next week and they said I'll get 4 prescriptions after the surgery. I don't think I know anybody my age that swallows so many pills. Any way enough of my pills and how I want them to disappear.
I finally decided to take the girls in to see the doctor. I put it off for days but when someone else noticed the same signs of ear infection (Chloe was tugging on her right ear) I decided it was better safe than sorry and to just take them in. I was really hoping the cold they were both struggling with wouldn't end up in ear infection but it did. They both get an antibiotic and an decongestant/cough suppressant. They actually love medicine time (are they crazy or what). We told Sariah she was only allowed to take her medicine if Mom or Dad were there. She loves to give herself the "pretty pink medicine". Thanks Walgreens for bright pink yummy bubblegum flavored antibiotic, we just might have to keep an extra close eye on her until the medicine is all gone. She also loves her vitamins, well they both love taking vitamins. They especially love this chewable calcium that my mother in law takes and shared with her on her last visit out here. Sariah didn't really take her vitamins until that chewable calcium. Though anybody who knows us knows we don't need extra calcium in our diet. We go through6-7 gallons of milk a week. Ken will need to remember we aren't there when he buys his milk for the next 2 months.
I'm busier than ever but I'm really happy and feel like everything is going according to plan. I have my bags packed. I've done almost all my spring cleaning that I wanted to do before I left. I've planned out and made the first Christmas card and present. I just need to make 20+ more of them. I need to also finish our newsletter update for the family newsletter. I also want to make cute matching PJ pants for me and the girls. And I'm hoping to finish all of that this week. Next week I'll put everything in the car and drive to my parents to get settled in and hopefully forget only things we didn't really need anyway. I'm not sure if its good or bad but I have to take the girls back to make sure their ears are fine and then turn around and drive back to my parents. So I'll come back do that and then I'll be gone for 6 weeks. I'm nervous and excited and I think I should be feeling scared but right now I'm not. I feel totally at peace with everything (well not the part that my mouth hurts thanks to 20 new hooks and extra wires in my mouth). I think its amazing how when you're supposed to do something everything works out. I'm glad we decided to post pone this until now. I didn't want to do this in the winter but hope that we don't get winter bugs until after I'm feeling better. But I have to say that even though the girls have been "sick" they have been so happy and just as playful as ever. Nothing really bogs these cute girls down. I hope that any other future siblings they may have feel the same way. I'm going to try and sleep again and I might have to take something if I don't fall asleep soon(which I hope it doesn't come to that). Well I think that does it for me, until next time.
Hi, my name is Faith and I married my perfect match, Ken, on April 16th 2005. We have two amazing daughters, Sariah and Chloe and a handsome little man, Isaac. With one more on the way. And this is our way of keeping in touch and letting our friends and family what's going on at our house. This is also how I keep my sanity; writing down what happens to me seems to make me feel better. Plus I can’t resist bragging about my amazing kids.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Places I've been so far
Create your own travel map
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No comments:
Post a Comment