Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Well its been awhile but we've been busy.  I've finish prepping the dinning room for its new wallpaper and we've gotten back into the swing of things with school, church and playing with friends.  We've been to the doctors and have one final trip to see the surgeon next week.  We've also had birthdays and planning birthdays.  So needless to say we're busy.  But I thought that I'd get on here and share publicly my love for my husband.  While he has his way of doing things and I think sometimes he's crazy (last February, if you remember, he brought home a roster, luckily its illegal to keep roster in the city limits so the day after his first crow he got kicked out), I love him.  He has been the most supportive and helpful through all of this.  He's always trying to keep everybody and everything safe and only wants us to be happy.  The girls love spending time with him and are more excited to see him come home after work than Christmas morning.  I'm so happy that my husband is the greatest Dad to these little girls.  I wouldn’t trade him for anything.  He is creative and really smart.  He’s planning out for the future and he has taken care of us and allows me to stay at home and teach our sweet girls. 

 

The other reason for posting today is to share my crazy husband and his crazy ideas.  The story begins back in the end of December when my porch/ back deck looked like this.

Ken loves to be outside but the mosquitoes love eating him.  So we talked it over and decided to build a screened in porch/deck.  With this addition we were going to need to put the deck up to code (it didn't have enough support, there was only a few cinderblocks holding the whole thing up).  So the day before Christmas Ken took out some planks to figure out how to add the needed support.  So it looked like this for Christmas:

Then on Christmas Ken order a hot tub for our new screened in deck.  So we had the electrician and the plumber look at everything and they said that itd be easier/cheaper to tear up the entire deck.  So a few days before Ken's birthday he and a few guys tore up my deck so it looked like this:
Well then the guy came over to look everything over and decided we needed the ground to be flat for the slab so he brought a truck of sand.  Now this is the day before valentine's day and I just kind of thought maybe Ken thought I wanted the beach brought to my house.  I think he was miss informed.  But in the mean time Sariah and Chloe had a ball playing in the giant sand pile.  We build this huge "throne" and we also had a neat sand castle (I didn't get a picture, we got a video and I still don't know what I need so I can add video to the blog.  I think I need to get software but I don't want to pay the 30 bucks for it so you'll just have to use your imagination).
This one is right before the cement was poured and the girls waited inside with baited breathe as the huge trucks came and went.
Now Ken said that the hot tub would be here by my birthday but I'm not convinced.  We'll have to see it to believe it. 


No comments: