Monday, April 13, 2009

A day of Chores and ready for summer

I don’t know what got into me but today has been busy with chores.  We started with general house pick up and starting some daily laundry and then called around for a couple of helping hands (Thank You, strong guys from the neighborhood).  Our hot tub arrived this morning at 9:30am and by1:00pm it was full and operational.  And by 5:30pm it was 100 degrees.  The girls enjoyed visiting and playing with the dog that came to visit while the spa was getting set-up.  After that we had lunch, then Sariah and I planted our garden.  I decided less was more this year and only planted 10 tomatoes, 10 peppers, and 10 cucumbers (ohh and earlier I planted 4 strawberries). Now we’re crossing our fingers that I did everything right and we have some great vegetable through out the summer.  Then we picked up the yard and pulled weeds out of the flower beds in the front.  Then in the evening we finished filling the pool vacuumed the bottom one more time and tried to skim out the falling seeds.   Then we had both water from the pool and spa tested and added balancing chemicals.  And finally after we did that and just before the sunset we put our fence back together, raked the leaves and transplanted a few plants with a few more to finish up tomorrow.   We did all of this with showers off and on through out the day. And now we are cleaned up and ready for summer.  I’m glad we are finished with phase two of the deck projected and hoping phase three goes over quickly since summer is fast approaching.  I feel really refreshed and pleased with everything that got done.  All I need to finish is the transplanting, more chemicals since I had to wait 6 hours between application (I might even mow the grass if I’m feeling up for the work out) and then I’ve got to wash dishes and fold the laundry that was washed today.  I’m looking forward to tomorrow (as long as I’m not too sore from all this back breaking work) to accomplish more.  Of course I could go play with friends tomorrow.  Well I’ll sleep on it and then decide.  Here’s a few picture from today’s adventure.






1 comment:

stephanie howard said...

Well you have been a busy little bee since the last time I have looked at your blog! It has been awhile I know... what can I say? I can't wait to check out all you hard work.