Sunday, May 3, 2009

Highlights of our busy few weeks

I know its been a while but I'm not going to apologize.  I suppose you could say I've lost the fire of wanting to post all the time or that I've decided living my life was better then posting about our life.  But since there has been many thing worth putting on her I figured I'd better sit down and do it.  

I guess I can start off with we got sick with a stomach flu mid April.  Yuck , I know.  When Sariah seemed to still be suffering 3 days later I thought she should go to the doctor to make sure she wasn't dehydrated.  The doctor said there wasn't anything we could do except keep giving her liquids.  She wasn't drinking or eating very well.  But she looked like she was getting better.   But the next day started to complain that her stomach was hurting.  I thought maybe she wasn't better after all.  She didn't throw up but just complain (and when I say complain I really mean throwing herself on the floor screaming arching her back kind of complain).  After an agonizing 2 hours of this I decided to call the doctor and take her in since I thought it could be appendicitis.  The doctor thought that she was just suffering from a little nausea.  So we got some anti nausea drops.  Well we were up all night with more screaming for 30 minutes then passed out for an hour and then more screaming for 30 minutes then passed out for an hour.  When we got up we went back to the doctor and explain then night we had.  At the doctors since she hadn't slept real well she was limp as a noodle.  After talking with the doctor and discussing options we decided to admit her to the Hospital.  We got there and they started her IV and did x-rays of her stomach.  Then we hung out for the next few days.  She continued to have episodes of stomach pain. Mostly at night after eating.  The doctor started her on another drug to help.  The doctor still incises it made things better but since I was the only person holding my baby as she screamed all night long I didn't see any difference.  We tried several things and then Friday night she slept most of the night with only getting up once. (By this time I was completely exhausted with very little sleep for about a week now, but I was done with the hope that these doctors could do anything for her.  So I wanted to take her home.)  Saturday morning the doctor came in and noticed how much happier and normal looking Sariah was.  She was right, for whatever reason she was feeling so much better.  We're still not sure what it was (the doctor said she thought it was the virus just in her gut) but we are so glad to be done with it.  She came home that night and has had only one or two minor episodes.  She seemed to start pretend stomach pains until I told her she'd have to go back if she was still sick.  Sariah actually liked being there since they had cable TV and she was able to eat whatever was on the menu.  She also liked the visitors and the gifts and cards.  But after the talk she stop faking it.  She has loved the warm compress on her stomach and asks for it without the screaming and so forth.  We're just so happy to have our little Sariah back to her normal self.

In other news, we got into our pool for the first time.  It was 90+ outside and the water was 68 degrees so still very refreshing but actually enjoyable.  Sariah has overcome her fear of the water and is learning how to swim.  And since I can't find any classes in our tiny town, I've taken the job on my shoulders of her swim teacher.  I'm looking forward to it.  She is doing really well with floating and kicking her legs and blowing bubbles.  Chloe is not a fan this year of the water and we've officially dubbed Chloe's nap time as Sariah's swim time. (in case you were wondering I have a monitor out by the pool and would never leave my baby in the house alone).  

We recently had a new neighbor and they have kids a tiny bit older than the girls.  We've really enjoyed having the first young family move in on our street.  They've been fun to go walking and playing together.  We hope they stay for a long time so the girls will have friends their age in our neighborhood.

Well the final bit of news is that I took the girls to celebrate my younger sisters birthday with a sleepover.  It was fun.  We played MagiQuest and swam in an indoor pool and just hung out.  I haven't unloaded my camera so I'll have to do that and post some pictures of our fun 2 day trip.  We are home and trying to adjust to real life.  

Since summer has come full blast we are adjusting wardrobes and schedules.  The girls are growing up fast and I'm trying to enjoy every minute of it.  I'm not going to promise more post or that I'll be here every week but I will say that I promise to live my life and to enjoy each moment.  Life is too short to stress over the small stuff, until next time.

No comments: