Hi, my name is Faith and I married my perfect match, Ken, on April 16th 2005. We have two amazing daughters, Sariah and Chloe and a handsome little man, Isaac. With one more on the way. And this is our way of keeping in touch and letting our friends and family what's going on at our house. This is also how I keep my sanity; writing down what happens to me seems to make me feel better. Plus I can’t resist bragging about my amazing kids.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
A 6 week cold
Ohh boy, so much to catch up on. Well at least the explaining what I've been doing isn't going to take long. Before our trip I got a stomach bug and the girls got temps of 103. We recover just in time to visit family and have a nice trip. Ken wasn't so lucky. He got sick on the plane and all that first night. But felt better in the morning. The girls enjoyed seeing the cousins that live far away. Ken enjoyed the time with his brothers, so it was a very nice trip. The day I got back my nose started running but no big deal I thought. So my runny rose came with coughing and just cold stuff (Yuck I know). Then it got really bad were I lost my voice and felt like the coughing would never end. I was coughing so hard and fequently that I couldn't have a converstation with anybody. Breathing or talking would make me start coughing and I couldn't stop and then I starting losing my lunch if I didn't make myself stop coughing. At this point I felt the worst but then I woke up Wednesday at 6am to start coughing and I noticed my ear was hurting and then the ringing (and I couldn't hear very well in that ear) and if I coughed or hiccuped it hurt so bad I contemplated visiting the ER in hope of some pain relief. I thought if I could just wait until 8am then I could see my doctor. I called my OB and she told me someone would call me about if the doctor would see me. I was told that this OB didn't want to see me if I was just sick. He said it was unrelated to the pregnancy and that I should see my "regular" Doctor. Since I got married I've only seen OB/GYN and I thought they were my "regular" Doctor. So I started calling family practitioner, and they wanted to see me that afternoon or the next day. I was in way too much pain to wait hours/days with two small children. I thought it was an ear infection (I had all the symptoms that my kids had when they had ear infections) and I know I needed to be see as soon as possible for pain relief but also to get antibiotics. Well I didn't know what to do and I couldn't get up with my neighbor who I'd hope would help me out so I though I'd call my Mom. Ohh boy this I later realized wasn't a great idea. I called mom just after being told that they can't see me right away and I was an emotional wreck with all these pregnancy hormones. I called and said hi to mom and then I lost it and broke down to tears that I couldn't control. My mom thought one of the babies had died or was badly hurt. I finally got my voice back and the crying under control and I told her what had happened and how nobody would see me and asked what I should do. She said to go to urgent care and that they would see me. She later said that she was glad nobody was hurt but I really had scared her quite a bit. I tried calling my neighbor again but no answer so I put the kids in the car. I went to the urgent care and got there right as they opened. I signed in and was asked to fill out paperwork. I turned to the side to get my girls to stay with me and not to wander off, when the front desk lady said are you pregnant (mind you I look as big as my friend was the week before she delivered) and had a look on her face of why aren't you at your OB's office. I lost it once more and started to cry and between sobs explained that my ear hurt and nobody else would see me. I knew that if they didn't see me then I'd be left with going to the ER (which I avoid like the plague, especially here in this tiny town). After she talked with the doctor they decided they would see me. After that I got my antibiotics and headed home to hopefully a day of resting and no noise. After a day and a half my ear didn't hurt quite so much and I was left with just a cold again. This whole process was made easier with my very obedient and helpful little Sariah. She really grew up in that week. She has always been one to be concerned when others aren't happy but she tried very hard to help and do everything I asked her too. I don't know how I would've survived if my kids were disobedient or trouble makers. It was this week that I realized having this baby in March is going to be easier than most think it is. I wish I could say I did something for the past 6 weeks instead of being sick but sadly I can't. Most of the worst weeks Ken did almost all of the cooking and cleaning. I started to feel normal about three or four days ago and I've been trying to get the house clean again and even do some side projects that have been on my list for a while. I've also decided that we need to do a chore chart. I realized that the girls can and should have chores but also that when I have this baby I will need them to be used to picking up their toys and things like that to keep the house decent. I will tell you how that goes. I also wanted to give an update on Sariah, she had that frustrating hiccup with potty training but quickly got back on track and she is now dry at night again as well. I'm really excited and couldn't be more thrilled. Also Chloe has really had this desire to use the big girl potty and has been using the potty regularly. I think she's ready for her potty party and jumping into this fun adventure. The other update is that the oven we order got here but the bottom door didn't shut all the way and after two visits from the repair man we decided to just take it back and try out a different oven. Unfortunately now that its 10 days until black Friday my husband wants to wait to order a new oven. I am getting pretty good at meals that don't require an oven. I'm missing brownies and cakes and cookies and my delicious muffins but I've been buying already baked bakery items to fill that void. Maybe by Christmas I will have a functioning oven in my kitchen (I'm not holding my breath). In the mean time I've picked out a toaster oven since I think they are so cute and we can cook a few things in them. I still won't be having any casseroles or cakes but it will help with chicken nuggets for the kids or even a chicken pot pie for nights when I don't feel like putting a meal together. In other news, our chicken has been laying eggs faithfully every other day. The girls love to find the "present" our chicken lays for us. And the final update is that the baby is doing great, he's very active and has a strong heart beat. The nurses are shock by the amount of weight I've put on. I can't bend over so well or run up the starts and I fear waddling is coming soon. I will be okay with it I just laugh at how silly I look. I usually just laugh at myself. Next post hopefully I'll be done with the Primary Program and that I'll have the rest of the year to worry about other things. We went over our parts today for the first time and the kids did awesome. I can't wait to get into the chapel and see how it looks and hopefully have it all come together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Places I've been so far
Create your own travel map
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No comments:
Post a Comment