Sunday, October 25, 2009

I'm not sure what we all are but we are not 100%, since we've been back it seems we've been sick. Sariah and I are getting over colds of some kind. After the girls got flu shots they've been acting different. Not sick but not normal. But I suppose I ought to fill in the past two weeks.

When we first got back from our trip its been mostly catch-up on everything, grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry and church responsibilities. Then we had a few birthday parties, the girls love to celebrate birthdays. Sariah even thought now was a good time to start planning her birthday party. I'm not sure how that it actually going to pan out but since I'm due just three days after her birthday it will be hard to pull off. I'm looking at doing something before her birthday or for Ken to throw the party for her. She will be four and she acts like she'll be six. I can't believe how fast she is growing up.

Speaking of growing, Chloe had her 2 yr appointment with the doctor. She is in the 50th percentile in weight and height (yeah for having a normal sized child where they aren't on my case about weight). Chloe is 33.5 inches and 24 lbs. She is happy and healthy. While we were there Sariah wanted the doctor to look at her and get weighed. She is 37 inches and 26lbs. I have no idea what percentile that would be but very below normal. She is growing in height and weight so I don't have any reason worry. She may not be normal size but she is sweet and kind to everyone. She is selfless and giving and very smart. I wish that people would look beyond her size and notice her positive character traits. I think when we focus our comments only on looks and size that it puts into these young girls head that looks and body are what matter. But when you sit and think about it no matter how pretty a girl is it will never last. Beauty is only skin deep and the skin is mortal an over time will fade, wrinkle and get spots and stretch marks. But great character is eternal. We will take our characters, nature and our hearts with us into eternity. I think of my favorite song that I long to listen to and remind myself what really matters in this life. The song is talking about not focusing on yourself but allowing God's message of love shine through you. It goes like this

I want to be a window to his love so when you look at me you will see him
I want to be so pure and clear that you won't even know that I'm here cause his love shine brightly through me
I want to be a door way to the truth so when you walk beyond you will find him
I want to stand so straight and tall that you won't see me at all but through my open door he will be seen

A window to his love a door way to the truth
A bearer of the message he'd have me bring to you
And with each passing day I want to fade away
Till only he can be seen and I become a window to his love

I want to be a window to his love so you can look through me and you'll see him
And someday shining through my face you'll see his loving countenance cause I will have become like he is

A window to his love a door way to the truth
A bearer of the message he'd have me bring to you
And with each passing day I want to fade away
Till only he can be seen and I become
A window to his love a door way to the truth
A bearer of the message he'd have me bring to you
And with each passing year I want to disappear
Till he's become everything and I've become a window to his love

This is a real goal of mine and when I look at Sariah I see the love of God (She's already there). She has her moments but for the most part she loves everybody as God loves us. She regularly goes up to any person who isn't happy and offer assistance. She will come up to me and look and be able to tell if I'm not having a good day and ask if she can make me happy. She's excited about having a baby and looks forward to helping out with the baby. I know that I have teenage years ahead of me but if I could contain how sweet and precious she is right now I would. I hope she knows how special she is and how much she is loved by us, her parents, and her Heavenly Father. I don't want her to change but I know she will change but hopefully at the end of the day she will be my sweet Sariah. I'm reflecting on this topic mostly because we recently had a young man pass away and Ken and I attended his services. This sudden death has caused me to reflect and to wonder if I have told my family and friends how much I love them and if I was to lose them would they know that I loved them. I hope they do and I hope they know how special each of them is to me.

It was also recently my dear friends birthday and since I knew her husband had to work the evening of her birthday I offered a movie night. Ken watched the girls and she and I hung out, ate pizza, watched a movie and had a really good time. I'm so grateful for my friend. She is so sweet and I'm so glad she and I met 10 months ago. It feels like we've always known each other. She is having her first baby right before I have my baby and we are both excited. I love friends and I love birthdays. I wish we could have two birthdays a year. I've tried to celebrate my half birthday but no one else seems to agree with me. And there is nothing more depressing then celebrating anything alone.

In other news, my very old beloved oven died. (This actually happened two weeks ago) And Ken and I finally decided to replace the oven and see if we like it as much as the old one. We got it the other day and it is awaiting installation. I'm hoping this doesn't take another 2 weeks since I'm running out of ideas of dinners that do not require the use of an oven.

On a happier note, Ken suprised me with a recently painted dinning room. For those of you who don't remember, I took the wall paper down in our dinning room this spring and it finally is looking almost done. In my defence I'd like to point out that we also have been working on our front room (which is done, except we found a great frame that I want to add to the walls) and this first trimester was hard mostly from all the demands of regular life. I think I'm busier now than I was when I was pregnant with either of the girls. I think I was also expecting a burst of energy that has yet to show itself. I'm also not in the best shape since having Chloe and my stomach is pulling at my lower back. With that said the project got put on hold for the past 6 months and is now getting finished. I'm now looking for any kind of furniture that we can add to remove some of the echo in that room. I'm also planning on adding a few pictures to the wall.

So this time of year usually brings the fair and this year is not different. The girls and I decided to go on can day with my sister and so that's what we did. They had a ball and I'm downloading the pictures now so I can start the slow process of uploading those pictures. I'll have to load them on a different post. While I was with my sisters we looked at dresses to wear for our sisters wedding. I think we found a dress we all liked. Well I think that's about it for me. Next week is dr appointments and Halloween. Yeah!! Well, until next time.

No comments: