Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm sure I don't have any readers anymore

because I haven't been updating anything. Well I'm sorry, I think the pregnancy has been the hardest and most exhausting. I take that back, I think my life right now is hard and busy and exhausting. The most notable thing that has happened since my previous post is that I went into early labor last Sunday. I woke up in the most excruciating pain. Which quickly reminded me of how active labor started with Sariah. I felt so unprepared to have this baby at 35 weeks and 5 days and unsure of what I wanted. I tried to ignore the contractions that were pretty strong every 5 minutes and continue with normal routine stuff. Well that didn't work and after 3 hours of this I decided to do what one must do in that situation and that is call my mom. After talking to her and realizing that I didn't really want to have the baby that day. I took my Mom's advice and tried to relax and to get the contractions to stop and sure enough 20 mins of total relaxation it worked. The minute I opened my eyes again I realized how long it had been since the last contraction and felt relieved. I then got a call from a friend who needed some help so I dashed off to save the day. I forgot to mention that it snowed Saturday night and that my dear friend had just had her very first cute as a button baby boy. So I felt it was best that I didn't have my baby too early and have to spend my days driving back and forth to the nicu (not fun from what I'm told).

The next notable event is that at my 36 week doctor visit that my body is not ready to give birth, I haven't dilated or effaced. He thinks I'll go to term and that he'll be 8.5 lbs (yikes!). No I don't think this is a huge baby size but I can already remember how hard it is to have a baby (especially without pain meds). Another pound bigger is a huge difference. But I suppose you never know what your body is capable of doing until its done it. For those of you who know just how small I am understand my fear. I've talk about induction with this little guy and I still feel at peace with that (apposed to fear that I felt with my girls) but I'm seriously waiting to ask for an induction until I'm 40 weeks or more. I don't know why I'm okay with waiting but I'm thinking that if I trust in my Heavenly Father, I can do anything. This is a decision that needs a bit more thinking and a lot more prayers.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as nesting but I've rearranged the girls clothes into the new dresser we got them and I've finished folding and putting away all the baby things. I've also got the baby car seat together (it still needs to buckled into the car, I've been putting this off since it means someone has to sit in the very back which is hard to reach for one who is 36 weeks pregnant (measuring at 38 weeks). I have the hospital bag stuff set out I just need to put it into a bag. Am I really ready to have this baby, I don't know since you never know until you are there and can look back and see what you could have done to be better prepared.

In other updates, Ken and I went out of town for the weekend a few weeks back. Thanks to my Mom and sister who watch the girls, we were able to sneak out of the house for a few days. It was fun but I wish I could have done more. I want to go out of town again but not pregnant this next time. We missed the kids but enjoyed spending one on one time with each other. It'll be awhile before we can have that kind of time since I'll be nursing our little guy and won't be able to leave him until he's weaned.

On another note, we are sure out little guys name is going to be Isaac, we just aren't sure about a middle name.

No comments: