Well last Thursday I started having my normal nightly contractions and didn't think much of it. I watched TV to try and distract me while I timed them just to see if they were regular. They were 5-6 minutes apart and not that bad (on a pain scale). I decided that I'd try to get some sleep so I tried and I woke up and felt the contraction and then dozed off again. Until 3:10 when I had major back pain, I thought maybe he was posterior and I was going to have back labor. I tried to figure out a way to get Ken up without having to go upstairs and quickly realized I was going to have to get up the stairs and wake him. Between contractions (they were now 4-5 minutes apart) I crawled up the stairs to wake up Ken. I finally got to him at 3:33AM, I woke him up and I think he asked what could he do to help and I told him I needed to go to the ER. I was in worse pain than when I had either of the girls and I knew I couldn't be more than a few cm dialated since they had just started. I then called my Mom and she said she'd be there as soon as she could. I then called my doctor and told him how painful it was. He told me to come in right away but I told him I had to wait until I could get someone here to watch my girls. He said fine and that he'd see me in labor & delivery when I could get there. My mom and sister arrived an hour and half later and while I waited I timed contractions, breathed through each contraction and sat on my birthing ball (which really help me get through them). I told my mom I wanted to leave right after she got here and so once again my mom drove me to the hospital. Right after getting into the car the pain went through the roof and I didn't know how I could live through that amount of pain. Every bump and stop and turn just killed my back and no more did the pain come and go, it was just there all the time and I couldn't feel a beginning and an end. I got to the ER and they started to check to see if I was registered and who I was and I was screaming and hollering and they just said they'd figure it out later and took me to labor and delivery. I got up stairs and the nurse actually tried to undress me and I snapped at her (I really didn't want her touching me). I got the gown on and in the bed and my doctor came in to check to see how far along I was. Much to my surprise I was only 2 cm and 50% effaced (the week before when I was checked I was nothing). I was crying for an epidural but the doctor said I wasn't far enough along and his head was really high so he offered IV medicine. The nurse came and tried 4 times to get my IV started, she asked if I was dehydrated and I didn't think I could be since I'd been drinking water all night through these contractions. They called a nurse from anesthesiology and she got my IV going. Then at 7AM a different doctor came in and checked me and I was still 2 cm but I was 70% effaced. The nurse came back in about the time Ken got there and put some medicine that was suppose to take the pain away and might make me sleepy since I hadn't slept that whole night. Well 90 seconds later I felt the meds go in and couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. They left me for a few hours (my mom said the nurse came in every 30 minutes to check my contractions and the baby's heartbeat). I was being pumped full of liquids so every hour I felt I needed to pee. The nurse freaked out when she found me out of bed trying to walk to the bathroom (mind you I called the nurse and when it felt like nobody was coming I just asked Ken to help me to the bathroom). I needed Ken's help since I was drugged but I made it. I did this for another couple of hours. They didn't like me very much but I just slept and peed until the doctor came back at 1PM and by then the contractions were only ever 15 minutes and I was having two or three at a time and I wasn't dilating and he decided to float back up. I asked the doctor to just start pictocin but he said he thought I was better off going home and waiting until I was 39+ weeks. So we decided to go home since the pain was gone and I wasn't doing anything but taking up a bed in the hospital. I was sad and disappointed at first but relieved to have another week or two to get ready. I felt like I had been in a fight that involved a beating to my back and ribs. By Sunday I only felt normal pregnancy pains and aches. On Sunday I decided I wanted to use my last few days of this pregnancy resting and feeling better so I decided to go to my mom's the next morning. I stayed there for a few days and rested and visited my sisters. I wish I could have stayed another day or two but I had another doctor appointment. I got to my appointment and got seen right away and I got checked (again I'm only 2 cm and 70% effaced and he's floating) and we scheduled an induction for the following Wednesday. Nobody wanted me to have him on Wednesday so the next day I called and got the induction rescheduled to Thursday. I am so excited to have a day I know I will have the baby by. It also helps to have it all planned and to know I don't have to rush to the hospital in pain again.
Hi, my name is Faith and I married my perfect match, Ken, on April 16th 2005. We have two amazing daughters, Sariah and Chloe and a handsome little man, Isaac. With one more on the way. And this is our way of keeping in touch and letting our friends and family what's going on at our house. This is also how I keep my sanity; writing down what happens to me seems to make me feel better. Plus I can’t resist bragging about my amazing kids.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Hospital visits and still no baby
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Places I've been so far
Create your own travel map
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No comments:
Post a Comment