On February the 18th I scheduled my induction for February 25th with my favorite doctor. My Mom and sister drove up the night before and we all got settled in and I tried to sleep before the big day. I got up at 5:30 and got everything ready for my sister (who was watching my girls) and I got showered and ready to go. At 6:30 my mom and I headed over to the hospital for the 7AM induction. We got there and got everything set up and the Dr checked me and he said I was 3 cm and 50% effaced (that was another cm from last week). At 9am the nurse started the pitocin and I just breathed through each contraction. The nurse came in every 15 minutes and turned up the pictocin until I was having regular contractions. So Mom and I talked and hung out for all of the morning. At 1 my hubby got off work and got there about 2ish. I was dilating slowly and effacing slowly but started to have pain around 4. The nurse said I was having tons of contractions and my body must have gone into real labor so she cut back on the pitocin. I decided that I was ready for some help with the pain since I was having black labor so I tried staydol. I didn't see any difference except I could talk clearly any more. Around 5pm I was 6cm I said I was ready for my epidural. They wanted me to finish the bag of water first so it was an hour before the dr got there. I was so happy to see him, it took a few tries but he got it and 15 minutes later my left side was numb first and I was happy to not feel the contractions. I immediately fell asleep and took a nap for 2.5 hours. When I woke up at 8:30 I wanted to get things moving along so I could hold my baby. My Mom said that I was still having contractions and progressing. The Dr checked me and I was 8cm but he finally was in my pelvis so they could break my water. He said he'd be back in an hour to check again. Well at 9:30 I was 9 cm so he said he'd be back in another hour. But that I should call if I felt pressure or the urge to push. Well 15 minutes later I felt tons of pressure so I called the nurse she checked me and she said I still had a rim. She told me to call her when I “really” felt the urge to push. About 5 minutes after she left I felt the urge to push, so that’s what I did. I felt like she'd be annoyed if I called her in again without any progress, so I pushed for a few more minutes and then called her, hoping that my pushing would get rid of that rim..She came back and said there was a tiny bit on one side but that I could push. I did small pushes for 30 minutes while the nurse got the room ready. Then the Doctor came in at 10:30 and told me to push. I pushed like crazy and I couldn't tell how I was doing so I asked for the mirror, which helped a ton. I told Isaac to come out and don't go back in. Well 25 minutes of hard pushing and he was here in my arms. I was so glad for the nap I took earlier because it felt like pushing was way harder since I got an epidural this time. I got to hold him for a few minutes and I cut the cord (my hubby said I should get to do it once). Then they took him from me because his breathing wasn't great. They wiped him down and sucked out his air ways. Then my hubby came over and told me that he weighed 8lbs and 15 oz. I was in shock because I didn't tear and I didn't think I could have fit a baby that big through my pelvis. He didn't sleep for the first week, but he eats like a champ. He loves to sleep during the day and I have to wake him throughout the day. Some nights he sleeps for 5-6 hours and some nights he’s up every 2-3 hours. He prefers to sleep while someone holds him. He also has decided to love the pacifier (I just need like a million of them so when I lose them (which happens 10 times a day) I have plenty of back up pacifiers).
Hi, my name is Faith and I married my perfect match, Ken, on April 16th 2005. We have two amazing daughters, Sariah and Chloe and a handsome little man, Isaac. With one more on the way. And this is our way of keeping in touch and letting our friends and family what's going on at our house. This is also how I keep my sanity; writing down what happens to me seems to make me feel better. Plus I can’t resist bragging about my amazing kids.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Places I've been so far
Create your own travel map
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No comments:
Post a Comment