Sunday, September 2, 2007

A quick note

Well this week's post will be short (it already midnight). The major things that have been on my mind this week:
Could I go into labor this week?
If I did who would I call and would they get here soon enough?
Is everything ready?
How big is my baby?
And I've just been thinking a lot about friends, and how I won't see my best friend for a very long time.

I guess I've cover most of the top fears and doubts about this pregnancy, it just seemed more on the front of my mind. Friday I made a trip to the Hospital where this baby is supposed to be born and I learned a lot of useful information. I won't be able to eat once I'm admitted to the hospital, the baby can be monitored as I roam the hall ways and take a shower or even a power nap, the labor and delivery floor is over 15 years old and the hospital policy is that you can only have 2 people in L&D but if you get a nice nurse on her good day she'll let you sqeeze in 3. By the way these rooms are huge but I guess once you get everybody in there it can be tight on space. I also got calls from my in-laws and they have bought tickets so I'm excited to see all of them. I'm not sure who will sleep where but I'm sure we can figure it all out when they get here. Luckly I won't have my vistors all at once so space isn't a problem.

Well my best friend left today for Hawii and I am really excited for her. But my selfish side wishes she stay close enough that I could visit as much as I want to. I hope to make at least one trip out to see her and she will come out a few times to visit her family. (I guess I'm lucky Ken and I moved close by to her family) I'm truly going to miss her crazy since of humor and how she made sence to me. I suppose I'm a bit different and it's nice to know I'm not different alone. I'm doing pretty good today so I better not dwell on that topic. I'm sure the waterworks will come later when it finally sinks in that I'll have to get on a plane for 10+ hours to see her.

I feel like my due date is just around the corner and every time I hear another sign that I'm going to have this baby soon, I get very excited. I just can't wait but I'm nervous all at the same time. Well I think that's it for today, I'll post another time about my doctor appointment. Until next time.

No comments: