Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Guess what my husband came home with?

A CHICKEN!!!!!!

What am I supposed to do with a chicken. He got it for Sariah's birthday present and I think he's really cute. But I get through each day without finishing everything I want to do or supposed to do. How does one make time for a chicken. Well Ken is promising me he will take care of himself and he will feed him. I think I've heard of parents who let their children have pets on conditions that they take care of them but this is crazy. I never thought for a million years that my husband would be the one. Time shall tell if this chicken takes care of himself. I'll post a picture later. He's currently sleeping in the garage. I didn't want him stinking up my house. This is just crazy and the shock, I know, hasn't completely set in.

On the good side, I think he is totally cute and adorable. Don't tell Ken. He says he has a plan and since he is a hunter I wonder if we will be eating said chicken before to long. As long as I don't have to pluck feathers I'm good with it. I thought I'd be grossed out about the whole butchering my own meat. But after my dear Ken brought home and skinned and cut up the dear last year I'm good with anything. And thanks to Kid Nation I know I have to stick the chicken in hot boiling water to make plucking easier. Well I have to admit Ken is very sweet and thoughtful. He hasn't always done things for birthdays and other special days. I think this is improvement. I suppose I ought to express specific desires for future holidays. What can I say I love him and I'm married to him. He certainly has given me something to talk about and the story this little chicken will be in a few years.

Well, unfortunately he is a boy so friends please don't ask for eggs, I don't have any fresh eggs. I really wanted a house more in the country but we have a city house and I'm not sure my neighbors will enjoy the call this bird may do at any hour of the day or night. But if they do complain we can just ask them to keep their dogs quiet and we'll be happy to quiet our (soon to be) Rooster. Well that's the story of the week, until next time.

No comments: