Saturday, May 17, 2008

What did I do to deserve this?

The answer to my question is in the last paragraph. Well I know I've been slacking off on posting but I'm back but I will warn you that there won't be more post for a while.

I've just got back from seeing family for mothers day, which was fun and I'm glad I was there. My sweet hubby made me a favorite dish of mine for a mothers day treat before I took the girls. They slept the whole way there and they loved being at Grammy's house and playing with Papa. My brothers and sisters got my mom a new mailbox to go with her newly remodeled house. It looks great and I'm surprised how good it looked and how much my mom liked it (I confess I had my doubts about how it would be received). My mom loves her new roof and siding (now it just needs to get finished). We also visited an old friend I haven't seen in years. It was her birthday and it was nice to catch up a little bit. The next day we went with my sisters to visit a really cool museum. Ken wants us to go back wile his parents are here. (Which is why I won't be posting, Ken’s parents are flying in this week, and there’s a lot to do) It’s a long drive but it could be really fun.

So Chloe has her second tooth. It’s very exciting but has made me worried about her symptoms. I'm just hoping she is done for now. She will hopefully get back to her normal happy self before her grandparents get into town. She has also been nervous when others have held her but this past weekend she starting panicking if I turned my back on her or left her with anyone else. The worst part is that yesterday when she was doing her stranger danger thing I asked ken to hold her, since I was tired. Well she only got worse. I was so sad and I didn't want to tell ken that she only wanted me. He later said, when we were drawing straws for Chloe duty, she likes you better so you ought to go. I was so sad, I don't want there to be favorites.

Well the real reason I wanted to post is to report that I've married the most wonderful, thoughtful man on the planet. It all started when ken came home from work informing me that a couple of guys were coming over and if I would please clear out the play room. Well thinking I had plenty of time didn't worry about getting it done right away. But only a few moments later the door bell had rung. I went to answer and tell the guys that ken was on his way downstairs. Well Ken and these guys worked for the next couple of hours doing all the "honey do this" list. They got a ton accomplished and I couldn't be more thrilled. Well they are coming back today to hopefully finish the list. I don't have words to express my gratitude. I sure wish I had added a few more things on that list, like cleaning the inside. Ohh well beggars can't be choosers. I'll have to roll up my sleeves and do it myself. That is why I haven't been doing much internet surfing or blogging. Well he didn't stop there, last night when Sariah didn't sleep through the night he got up and took care of her and this morning when Chloe thought 6 am was a good time to rise and shine he also got up and made the morning bottle. He even let me sleep until 8:30 am and that felt so good. Well not sure what I did to deserve such a wonderful husband but I'm sure glad I did what ever it was. I'm just trying to be as thoughtful to him as he is to me. Well I suppose that means getting off the computer and helping with the babies, until next time.

No comments: