I know I haven't blogged much this month but I've really been enjoying my life. Enjoying the last days of summer and working my tail off getting ready to start school and go through with the surgery.
First, I'm so excited to do this little school for Sariah. We'll meet twice a week and my students are 2.5 and so we should have tons of fun. I found my lesson book on clearance and recently found online the craft book that goes with it. I honestly couldn't be more excited. I hope the kids learn to play well with one another, recognize the letters, understand each letter has its own sound (first steps to reading) and they also learn to love to learn. I'm not sure they are quite ready for the preschool that most people think of like writing, reading and simple math but if they can follow simple instructions, and color in the lines then I think they'll be ready for school.
Chloe is walking, full blown walking. I love it. She usually falls once before she reaches her destination but I suppose that's to be expected. I've lost count on number of steps but she's going and nothing is slowing her down. I don't know what happened but I just got the hang of having a baby and a toddler and now I have two toddlers. She really isn't a baby and the only thing left to do to help her fully adjust to toddler life is to get rid of the bottle she loves and to go down to one nap. I am totally ready to ditch formula and bottles but I'm not sure about the one nap thing . I love both of her naps. Usually during her morning nap Sariah and I play or do stuff she can't do. And then for the afternoon nap I relax, read, surf the net, eat or sleep myself. I love it but I don't like being tied down to the house (which the other reason I love this school idea, I'm just bring the outside to my house). I'm sure the two nap thing will be over without my say in the matter. I can't force her to one nap and I can't make her take two if she doesn't want to.
Well I have more I need to be doing so, until next time.
Hi, my name is Faith and I married my perfect match, Ken, on April 16th 2005. We have two amazing daughters, Sariah and Chloe and a handsome little man, Isaac. With one more on the way. And this is our way of keeping in touch and letting our friends and family what's going on at our house. This is also how I keep my sanity; writing down what happens to me seems to make me feel better. Plus I can’t resist bragging about my amazing kids.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Places I've been so far
Create your own travel map
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
1 comment:
Dear Faith - You are so awesome to take on dong preschool yourself! You are so right to be excited. We enrolled the girls in a community preschool this year that meets for 3 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Everyday they wakeup and ask what day it is because they want it to be a preschool day. They could not love it more - they live for it. Because they love it so much, I have reallys stepped up the preschool time that do with the girls. I've always done a morning learning activity with them but now I do several learning times throughout the day. You will be amazed how fast they learn and how much they are really able to learn at such a young age. I thought they were too young to learn to write all their letters but they are progressing in that area faster than any. I think you will be a great teacher and I think Sariah will just love what she is learning and that you are doing this for her. I am starting a "learning group" instead of a play group with my friends at church. It's for 3 year olds and it is on Wednesdays for 3 hours and it will follow a gospel based curriculum from Joy School's curriculum. We'll make the curriculum ourselves but it will be all gospel based with an emphasis on learning stuff. I'm so excited to start. Good luck with your school group and with getting geared up (again) to have surgery.
Post a Comment