Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's been a while . . .

I know I haven't been posting in a very long time. And I won't make excuses or apologize. I realized something about this blogging thing and I hope you agree. Living life to the fullest is better than writing down a minute by minute travelogue. I can now say I've had a hard month or so and now that things are looking better I can talk about it. I won't bore anyone with details but what I do want to share is that life is sweeter when you appreciate each moment as they come. I don't think I realized that before and hope that I will better enjoy my family and friends each and everday. I think I ought to mention that church callings and raising two adorable girls is enough to keep anybody busy but I feel I've been especially busy this past month. A few of the things we've been busy with are:

Church - sharing times, conducting, subbing the sunbeam class, activities, teaching enrichment class, going to enrichment classes, giving talks, sharing the gospel, feeding hungry missionaries, and going to women's day conference.

Family- visiting family, going away for a while, building my deck (with help from my family), planning out the summer plans, working on plans for fall (to do preschool at home or not) and planning family reunions and planing up coming family visits.

Home - This category covers all the things mentioned above since I did all of them at home, but I can add, finish up the work on my teeth (I'm almost done), finishing the dinning room project, reorganizing every closet in the house (not sure why I thought this one was a good idea but now that its done I'm very happy), cleaning the pool and fixing the broken parts, visiting friends, watching friends kids, hosting a get together and playing and teaching the girls (Sariah is working on learning to read and tell time, why she wants to know about time so much I don't know).

I'm really not exaggerating that list, I really did all of those things (a some of them a few times) since first of may when I posted last.

Well, I saw this on TV a long time ago and I've liked it a lot. But this boy wanted a cool voicemail message and his girlfriend helped him out and his voicemail said, "I'm out living my life please leave a message" I've wanted to change mine to say that too but since I don't want to take someone else's phrase I've been trying to come up with my own. I'm not great at cute sayings like that but I'm determined to think of something similar but fresh. But my point is I'm out living my life and I won't make excuses for that. I'll never have these moments again, maybe I'll have something similar to it but I won't have these incredibly cute girls that love to cuddle and play imaginary games and to say some silly and crazy things and love being tickled. Our family dynamic changes with each life change. The girls for instant interact differently now with each other than they did two months ago before Chloe started talking clearly. I love watching Sariah mother Chloe. I also am tickled when Chloe gets that look on her face when she does something that only her sister has done up until now. I wish I could get those moments on camera but maybe its better in my head. Memories only get better with time, picture stay the same.

I would like to wrap up this random post with a shout out to all the dad's out there. Yeah for fathers what would our world be like without them. I just want to publicly say that I love my crazy husband and I'm glad I chose him to be the father of my children and what an awesome dad he has been from day one. Diapers weren't a problem, making dinner while I was pregnant wasn't a problem and even now taking them out while I get some things done is something he looks forward too. He has never said no when I've asked him for help and I haven't had to ask for help much since he was there helping before I could ask. Thank you Ken, you are the greatest. I also want to say I love my Dad. He was an example of a provider my whole life. He was out there working everyday to provide for our large family so my mom could stay home. He has shone me what selfless giving was all about. I know if I call my Dad he will be there for me. He has helped my fix cars, build decks, fix A/C, he gave me my first job, he taught me that sacrifices have to be made and that we just make them. I hope I can teach these same attributes to my children as my Dad has for me. Well, until next time (I'll be out living my life and enjoying every moment of it).

No comments: