So I was in a wreck and my beloved minivan is gone. When we bought the car we thought we'll we'd better get a minivan since we we're expecting number 2 well I just realized I could have driven a smaller car and gotten better gas miles for the past 2 years. Ohhhh well, I suppose that's life. Well everyone wants to know what happened so here's my story and I'm sticking with it. Well the story starts with it being RS night and Ken was staying home with the girls so I could have a night off. I was teaching a mini class on saving money and I was thinking about that. I left my house headed for church. I stopped at the only intersection between my house and church and traffic was moderate. I was going straight across so I looked both left and right twice. When nobody was coming from the left I looked to the right and I saw a black VW and thought there would be plenty of space so I went for it. Well, I didn't see the small car between me and that black VW, it was perfectly placed behind the rows of pine trees. It happened in a few seconds and the air bags went off and I was thrown to the right. I imediatly got out of the car (I couldn't breathe in the smoke) and called Ken and 911. Since I was in front of church the whole RS came out to see what had happened. The entire front side was smashed in for both cars and we both suffered injures. We blocked the intersection so the cops detoured everbody for the 30 mins while tow trucks came. It wasn't very fun getting hurt or losing my precious car. Friends of our got us a car to use until we could find one. Once we got word that the car was totalled we started car shopping. I thought that I'd like car shopping but I quickly found out I didn't. It was hard trying to find something as good as we had in the tiny budget they gave us. But after a few days of looking one full day of driving 200+ miles we found another great Kia minivan. Our new one is red instead of silver and has quite a few more miles. The new one isn't as clean or as nice but I'm greatful that we were able to find another Kia. I didn't really like the other minivans and you can't find one as cheap as a Kia. We were very fortunate to find one period since four of the dealerships we went to sold their Kia van minutes before we got there. Well hopefully after we get the tires replaced and the inside clean it will be close to as nice. I have pictures of the old Kia and the new Kia but I'll have to upload them later. Well, until next time.
Hi, my name is Faith and I married my perfect match, Ken, on April 16th 2005. We have two amazing daughters, Sariah and Chloe and a handsome little man, Isaac. With one more on the way. And this is our way of keeping in touch and letting our friends and family what's going on at our house. This is also how I keep my sanity; writing down what happens to me seems to make me feel better. Plus I can’t resist bragging about my amazing kids.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Car Accidents aren't fun!
So I was in a wreck and my beloved minivan is gone. When we bought the car we thought we'll we'd better get a minivan since we we're expecting number 2 well I just realized I could have driven a smaller car and gotten better gas miles for the past 2 years. Ohhhh well, I suppose that's life. Well everyone wants to know what happened so here's my story and I'm sticking with it. Well the story starts with it being RS night and Ken was staying home with the girls so I could have a night off. I was teaching a mini class on saving money and I was thinking about that. I left my house headed for church. I stopped at the only intersection between my house and church and traffic was moderate. I was going straight across so I looked both left and right twice. When nobody was coming from the left I looked to the right and I saw a black VW and thought there would be plenty of space so I went for it. Well, I didn't see the small car between me and that black VW, it was perfectly placed behind the rows of pine trees. It happened in a few seconds and the air bags went off and I was thrown to the right. I imediatly got out of the car (I couldn't breathe in the smoke) and called Ken and 911. Since I was in front of church the whole RS came out to see what had happened. The entire front side was smashed in for both cars and we both suffered injures. We blocked the intersection so the cops detoured everbody for the 30 mins while tow trucks came. It wasn't very fun getting hurt or losing my precious car. Friends of our got us a car to use until we could find one. Once we got word that the car was totalled we started car shopping. I thought that I'd like car shopping but I quickly found out I didn't. It was hard trying to find something as good as we had in the tiny budget they gave us. But after a few days of looking one full day of driving 200+ miles we found another great Kia minivan. Our new one is red instead of silver and has quite a few more miles. The new one isn't as clean or as nice but I'm greatful that we were able to find another Kia. I didn't really like the other minivans and you can't find one as cheap as a Kia. We were very fortunate to find one period since four of the dealerships we went to sold their Kia van minutes before we got there. Well hopefully after we get the tires replaced and the inside clean it will be close to as nice. I have pictures of the old Kia and the new Kia but I'll have to upload them later. Well, until next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Places I've been so far
Create your own travel map
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Faith has traveled to: Bahamas, Canada, Netherlands Antilles, United States, USA States: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No comments:
Post a Comment