Sunday, July 12, 2009

Another week has flown by!! (Random post ahead)

Well last week really felt like the longest and shortest week ever. I know that sounds weird but its true. While we were stuck in the house all week it felt long but looking back it seemed very short. Maybe that's because so little was accomplished. Well As most of you know I just found out I'm pregnant with our third child. I'm thrilled beyond words. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. But I'm defiantly more excited than nervous.

But let me rewind and start this week at the beginning. After getting a new car to replace our old one, we dropped it off at the local dealership to have it checked out and a few minor repairs. Well this took longer than expected and so me and the girls spent the week at home. Thanks to our neighbor who came over a few times and took us out with her other times, it wasn't too unbearable. I think for me it was just tough knowing I couldn't do anything unless a series of complicated steps were taken. But we survived and we enjoyed things around the house we haven't used for awhile. Then we got the car back and found out the keys they made for us don't work at all, so we are back down to only one key. We ordered new keys (I know this one doesn't seem like a big deal but you have no idea how frequently I lose my keys) So I'll be going out tomorrow to see if those new ones will work. I'm convinced something happened to the key or the keyhole, because nothing seems to be working properly.

Well since last week we accomplished very little to nothing, this week will be swapped with errand and chores. This is only more so this week because Sariah and Chloe and myself are going to visit cousins for cousins camp. The girls are very excited and I am too. I just need to get everything in order so we can go. I won't be here next Sunday for my usual weekly post and I'll probably spend another week catching up the past week of not doing anything. This is a vicious cycle I need to break but maybe another month would be better. I'm hoping to do better.

In other news, I found out I'm pregnant and I'm highly suspicious I'm having a boy this time around. I wonder how frequently mother's intuition are accurate. I know this must be very difficult to determine since wants and desires can out weigh actual signs to whether you are carrying a boy or a girl. I know the same can be true when you are dating and wondering if this guy is a guy worth marrying. Emotions and desires can fog an otherwise sensible head. I'd like to state for the record (since this baby might read this one day) that if we did have another girl I would be absolutely thrilled. Well whatever it is I'm acting on it and I'm going to have a lot of work if we find out later on we are having another girl. But with that being said, I've taken the liberty to go shopping for this little boy that we maybe having. And I have found a very nifty thrift store with several adorable boy clothes and outfits. I've already taken the liberty of purchasing said outfit and several church suits for this little guy. I cannot wait to get these adorable suits on him. I told Ken as I was cleaning and reorganizing the nursery (and by the way I don't know if I said it already but Chloe moved out of the nursery a few months back and is loving sharing a room with her sister) that when our little boy gets home from the hospital that I want to put him in all of his outfits. Now I understand this is crazy talk and I'll be so tired, sore and out of my mind and that I'll be more likely to let him sleep and wear the same PJ set for as long as he will keep it clean. But if I could I'd love to dress him up like an adorable little doll. I've got a great idea, I'll go get an adorable little doll and dress him in the clothes and even take pictures and get it all out of my system long before baby gets here. Wow, such brilliance!!

So on another topic the girls as previously mentioned are staying in the same room and they couldn't be happier. They haven't kept each other up and they really haven't had any problems. Chloe wants to sleep in a big girl bed like her sister but since she can't seem to stay in a bed, That won't be happening for awhile. Sariah is talking clearer now and I think most people can understand her. She and I haven't done our speech therapy games since I've been unable to enunciate myself since the surgery. So I'm glad she's moving right along even though I've slacked off. Chloe is also trying very hard and is understandable most of the time. She has got a ways to go but the nursery leader told me today that she was talking and she was able to understand. This was sad for me since I still struggle with it. I'm not worrying about her speech as much as her confusion about the names of certain things. Like for example her pink teddy bear that she loves she calls her "baby", which I was ok with. Until she saw a real bear and she said "look baby" and then reached her arms out to touch it. Or if she wants me to hold her she says "mama" and I then ask what she wants and she then repeats "mama". This was quite frustrating the first time this happened since I didn't understand what she wanted. She also uses "mama" for a few other meanings so that complicates matters. The last one that worried me before I understood is "mine" I thought we were going to have sharing issues but I later learned that mine means my turn. Now that I understand that I usually ask her if she means its her turn and she says "yeashh" and then they takes turns with the item. I'm so grateful the girls have been able to share so well and work together too. Sariah loves to be the "mommy" for Chloe. I walked back into the play room to find Chloe in the doll stroller and Sariah saying "its ok baby, I know" and then feeding cheerios into her mouth. When she saw me she said "Mommy, Chloe is so hungry so I am feeding her some cheerios so she can be happy" These girls crack me up and I love them. The last story I am going to share is that Sariah has started the why phase and she asked this about everything and Sariah is not easily satisfied with my answers so she further asks why.
Case in point:
(I was buckling Sariah into her car seat)
Sariah- why do we have to wear our buckles,
Me - because we need to be safe
Sariah -Why do we need to be safe
Me - Because I don't want to lose you
Sariah - Why don't you want to lose me
Me - Because I love you
Sariah - Why do you love me
Me - I love you because you are my daughter and the sweetest girl I know
Sariah - Why am I your daughter
Me - Heavenly Father sent you to our family
Sariah - Why did Heavenly Father send me to our family
Me - I don't know Sariah ask him.

I love her but I just run out of answer since this scenarios happened ever day several times a day and they almost always go until we get to Heavenly Father made it that way. I'm usually stumped by then. I found a book called "the big book of why" I of course bought it for a few dollars and I thought this why stage happened much later in life but boy was I wrong. And now that Chloe does anything Sariah is doing, Chloe is asking why. Luckily Chloe is happy with whatever answer I give her. Ohhhh Boy, this is going to be a while before they out grow this. Its cute this first time but is quickly getting old. Well I'm going to bed, until next time.

No comments: