Sunday, October 11, 2009

We're back!!

Well, we survived our trip out west to visit family. The girls enjoyed visiting their "friends" aka cousins. I enjoyed not being sick while I was out there but I'm suffering from short term memory loss since I was sick before I left and I'm now sore from my head to my feet and I can't explain why. I just want to pain and suffering to go away. So ask me in a week how the trip went. Ken enjoyed hunting though he came back empty handed. I was actually looking forward to trying elk out, ohh well maybe next time. I think Ken will try again out here but it will have to be white tail since that's all we got (too many actually, if you drive on any wooded or cleared land at dawn or dusk you are sure to see several) and it would be better for some one to appreciate them then letting them get hit by a car and die on the side of the road.

While we were out Chloe turned 2. She loved the presents, cake and all the attention. She had a great birthday and I'm so glad we got to celebrate with family and Ken was able to be there for the first part. Chloe has been sunshine in our family. She is so different then Sariah but they work together soo well (most of the time). Now that Chloe is speaking clearly she loves to pray for Sariah and the family and she loves to say everybody's name. She's say mom over and over again and she is so proud of herself that I understand and respond. She knows what she wants and now can explain to the rest of us what it is. She also likes to tell me whats going on and tell anybody who will listen what's going on. She loves to pretend with her toys, specially talking on her toy phone. She has the most beautiful eyes (at least thats what most everybody tells me) and her hair is now completely blonde (which startles most people who knew her as a baby when her hair was almost black). She is small like me and she and Sariah wear a lot of clothes in the same size (shirts and dresses they were the same size and they have the same waist but are different heights and while they're feet are the same length I have to put them in the same size to get Chloe's wider feet into the shoe). Most people ask me if the girls are twins and I usually answer "almost" and then the follow up question is how far apart are they? Chloe can be quite shy when people approach her but she will approach most anybody and ask to be held. She still loves to be held. I held her the entire time during a dinner and she just slept in my arms even though her baby brother kept kicking for the rest of dinner. She loves to kiss the baby and play games with my tummy. She seems to know that we're going to have a baby and loves to talk to her baby. We love having Chloe in our family and we look forward to the joy that she will continue to bring to us (especially when she smiles her contagious smile).

On another note our chicken (remember our chicken that ken got the girls this spring) is finally laying eggs. The girls are so excited to see if the chicken laid an egg every morning. I don't think that chickens know that we want to eat them in the morning because I only find them in the late afternoon. Which is normally fine except when your hubby who doesn't like eggs eats them for a late night snack. Ohh well maybe one day I'll get an egg from this chicken.

I also wanted to say that our bishop has challenged us to prayerfully read the Book of Mormon before the end of the year. Well we decided we would take on that challenge (which I worried about the kids sitting for the 30 mins it takes to read 7 pages of scriptures, but they did great tonight). Sariah I think understood it pretty much and had some questions and liked to look at the pictures (we are using the Book of Mormon for families that has pictures and definitions for the harder words). Chloe did as well as can be expected out of a 2 year old. I think I decided tonight that right before bed wasn't going to work out so hot. I'm going to work it into the daily scehdule during the morning hours. I was kind of thinking that before Lunch when we usually have sacrament meeting might be a good idea since it would help the kids to practice sitting reverent and listening. I'll have to do school work before then and eat lunch right after. We'll try it out tomorrow and see. The Bishop also challenged us to pray to know if the book is true after we've read it. The girls are excited to have a chart for each day we read.

On a not so happy note, Sariah has completely regressed in the potty training area and I'm not sure what I did wrong or what I can do to make it right. I've changed her sheets in her bed 3 times in 24 hours and I've been cleaning up accidents left and right. I'm hoping that we'll make a chart for both girls (Chloe is currently using the potty most of the time) and give them the talk and see how it goes from there. I'm also thinking about staying home for a few days to see if we can get back on track. I knew since potty training her was soooo easy that there'd be a bump in this road at some point. I'm just hoping it will smooth out before the baby comes in 5 months.

For our family prayer tonight Sariah volunteered and she gave the cutes prayer. She gave thanks for a few things and then asked that mommy wouldn't be sick anymore and that Sariah and Chloe would remember to always use the potty. She was so cute and it was then that I realized she does want to make us (her parents) happy and that she isn't just trying to get me upset by making lots of laundry for me. I am grateful for these sweet reminders to just take it one moment at a time and that its not the end of the world. In my defense I'd like to say this is so much easier to cope with when I'm not sore and achy.

Finally I wanted to add that we had our Ultrasound last week and we are 100% sure its a boy!! We are so thrilled. I've felt like we were going to have a boy so I wasn't shocked but just pleased. I'm hoping that we will have another boy in the future for him to play with. As far as names go I think I'm pretty sure we are going to name him Isaac and his middle name has yet to be determined. I'm very opened to suggestions so feel free to post them on here. Ken has a middle name in mind but he hasn't convinced me. I guess its back to praying about it and seeing what we feel will best suit him. I will get one of the 13 Ultrasounds on here soon (meaning within a few weeks).

Well, I'm worn out from the trip and I just wish my back and neck and shoulders didn't ache so much. I hope that having a normal routine and sleeping in a comfy bed and having my memory foam pillow will help me to feel normal again. Ohh and visiting the chiropractor first thing in the morning. I have tons to catch up on and its already going to be a busy week so I'm just praying to survived another week (preferably without going completely luny). Good night, until next time.

No comments: